Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

I had to turn off the game last night after the Giants turned the ball over twice in the 4th. Too much game stress for me. I knew they'd win, but would have loved to have seen them close it out cleanly.

Too bad for Romo. Kitna looks rusty, plus he's just Kitna. Again we see how important that 2nd QB can be. Tough job to have in the NFL. From clipboard holder to field general in a few seconds of game clock.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to remind everyone that you don't have to wait to submit your Pick'em pool choices: you can choose for the entire season at any time and then change your picks later on as desired.

I made all of my picks during the preseason, and I've modified them every week, with two exceptions--Weeks Four and Five. During those weeks, I wasn't able to revise my picks, and I wound up getting only four and five picks right, respectively. Buy hey, that sure beats zero, which is what I would have gotten during those weeks had I not picked them during the preseason!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Washington is finding ways to win this season instead of finding ways to lose. That will make ProfD a happy man. :thu:

Thanks mayne. I'll take the wins but it would be better if the team didn't make so many mistakes and had a killer instinct. The games are too close for comfort. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Not to stray too far OT, but from what I've heard, iTunes on Windows doesn't provide the same experience as iTunes on Macs.

Best,

Geoff

Not even remotely.

I'm sure it's real spiffy and enjoyable on a Mac - Jobs wouldn't have it any other way - but it's clunky, buggy, prone to crashing, and pretty damned well a resource pig, not to mention hard to terminate, as it seems to pop up any time you so much as stumble on a webpage that has any word that could remotely be connected to music on it, or if your wife whistles a tune in the next room, or if your neighbor's kid starts wailing on his guitar.... :freak:

Only if you agree during setup to "use iTunes for all associated content" or something like that.

You're telling us that you ignored these dialogs during setup and blindly clicked OK to everything. :laugh:

I tend to think either a) not everyone has these problems with iTunes on Windows, because if Apple gave them such a poor experience, iPods/iPhones/iPads would not be selling to them the way they do and/or they would not be switching to Macs at the rate they are (Apple often says that something like 50% of Mac purchases at Apple Stores are Windows switchers)

or 2) they made the experience bad in order to drive Windows users to Macs so they can use their iPods/iPhones/iPads. While some may wish to believe this theory, I highly doubt it.

Sorry to continue the OT.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Only if you agree during setup to "use iTunes for all associated content" or something like that.

I wish it were that simple. No, iTunes on PC is an extremely intrusive program. I installed it just to use an iPod I got for free in a bank promotion, because I was stunned to find that you couldn't just dump files on it (like every other MP3 player out there) and have it read them.

I got rid of it rather quickly when I picked up a phone that doubles as an MP3 player and uses the micro-SD cards, so there is no functional limit to how much space I can use for music on it.

I'd like to remind everyone that you don't have to wait to submit your Pick'em pool choices: you can choose for the entire season at any time and then change your picks later on as desired.

That is how I initially filled out my picks. The reminder gives me a chance to go back and tweak them for better or worse. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

With Jerry's Cowboys done as far as the Super Bowl is concerned, old plastic face will have to be host to other teams in his megastadium. Just think of the great possibilities to make old Jerry melt! Of course, I like any of the NFC East teams to represent the Cowboys conference, like:

1. NY Giants vs. NY Jets

An all New York Bowl is certainly possible this year; and where better to do it than at Jerry's place in Dallas?

2. Philadelphia Eagles vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

OK, how bout an all Pennsylvania Bowl with two hated boy's rivals!

3. Washington Redskins vs. Houston Texans

Roll the Jerry cam, who would he root for? My guess is Houston.

The worse bug that itunres has on the PC is the one that prevents it from finding ipods that are connected via usb...there is a complicated work around I had to use to get the ipod and itunes to communicate with each other....after that, I stopped changing the music on my ipod, and used other mp3 players for my daily listening...

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

It's gonna be rough out there.

Because no one really knows who will do what anymore.

As a friend of mine has been saying: Know who the best team in football is? No? Well, neither does anyone else... :idea:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

On that subject...

Is anyone else completely baffled by Jacksonville getting 6.5 at a Dallas team without its star QB?

Yeah, for the moment at least, I had to go with Jacksonville in the pickem behind that
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Yeah, it looks like Garrard is going to play this week. Though last time I saw him the Jags weren't exactly lighting it up.

I like the one point they have San Fran over Denver in the London game. How did they determine that one? What a dud for those Brit fans.

Can't say much for the game, but the Brits put on a good opening show at their NFL games:

Jeff Beck will perform the UK's national anthem "God Save The Queen" in London's Wembley Stadium for the opener of this year's NFL overseas match-up (feat the Denver Broncos taking on the San Francisco 49ers.) :rawk:

Staubach said hes available to play if things dont work out with Kitna. Although hes 68, Staubach was known as Captain Comeback.

I have offered to play quarterback on Sunday, Staubach said. My arm is in good shape. I think I can help them without Tony out there. I dont know Kitna. Hes a nice guy, though. But hes about my age, isnt he? He is a veteran good quarterback, but Im a veteran quarterback, too. ... I want the Cowboys to get back on track. If I could help I would get out there and do it.

How about you, Troy?

The way theyre protecting these quarterbacks, I think I could play now, said Aikman, a month shy of 44 yet only a few years older than Brett Favre. Ive always said, if I didnt have to get hit, physically, I think I could play. And theyre not letting the quarterbacks get hit, so I think I might could do it.

If only.

Aikman, Staubach disappointed with state of Cowboys

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Is anyone else completely baffled by Jacksonville getting 6.5 at a Dallas team without its star QB?

I was. However, Kitna's a weird guy. He might completely explode in this game, throw for 3TDs and 400 yards. And then, just when everyone's warming to him, throw 6 picks and lose by 40 in the following game (as he tended to do in Detroit). If Dallas were playing anyone stronger than Jacksonville (or were on the road), I'd never take that bet.

But they may feel like they have something to prove. I'll probably regret it, but I'm taking them. Remember, they really didn't play too badly after Romo got hurt last Sunday.

so I think I might could do it.
Might could?!?! Really?
Welcome to The South. :rolleyes:

I don't actually know if he said that or if it's a transcription or editing error.

Here's some interesting info on the phrase.

http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20001120

There's a few interesting comments as well as a video on CNNSI about the Steelers/Saints match up this week. Don Banks says the Saints have to win. They are playing without a running game because of injuries and they not getting the high numbers of turnovers they had last season on Defense so far this season. They lost to the Cleveland Browns last week which is just about rock bottom. They need to make a statement. Don Banks said that if the Saints lose again this week, its really going to hurt their confidence. I'd say they can't have much confidence after losing last week. Predictions are it will be an ugly game.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I was. However, Kitna's a weird guy. He might completely explode in this game, throw for 3TDs and 400 yards.

For whatever reason, I just happen to know that the Del Rio Jags have reliably been one of the worst traveling teams in the NFL for a number of years now, and the lines are consistently surprising in this regard. Also, Garrard is out too, right?

The Del Rio Jags remind me a bit of the erratic, uneven Fontes Lions, sans the late playoff push every year and the Hall of Fame running back, although I wouldn't put it past Jones Drew, truth be told.

Speaking of which...guys like LaDanian are the last of a breed--great backs that will compile career numbers that rival those of golden-age backs and the backs of my youth. Terrell Davis is the model of the new great back--shooting stars with a ridiculous peak of productivity in a short run. We'll see of AP is different, but I can't watch Chris Johnson (or my boy Ahmad Bradshaw for that matter) without thinking--to quote Mercury Rev--this ain't gonna last.

It's like the 300-game winning pitcher. I think Emmitt's rushing record is almost as secure as Ricky Henderson's stolen base record, or Favre's interception record ;)

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived