Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Half of Fox's scoreboard was onscreen and half was off. In other words, I could always see at a glance how many points Denver had scored but not Pittsburgh.

Same here. I couldn't understand how/why they didn't get that right. Especially after touting the wide-screen view.

I'm not going to let them dictate when I buy another TV. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Dixon needs more reps on the field. You can only learn so much watching. However, I agree that the Steelers need to put Byron in as the starter. Its his job to lose.

Mike T.

I had no idea Batch was still playing. Thought he'd retired. Seems he knows the Steelers system better than anyone. Both he and Byron are incapable of escaping the rush, so it may not last 4 games no matter which direction they go in if they don't do better at the O-Tackle spot.

On the other hand Goodell may just cut Big Ben's suspension from 6 games down to 2-3 games instead of 4.

TROLL . . . ish.

Its too bad that Charlie Batch gets hurt as much as he has in the past. Otherwise, we might have seen more of him. Charlie knows the system well, and when he does play he gets the job done.

I thought it was quite fitting that Roethlisberger got booed when he came on the field last night. He is fortunate he didn't go to jail. Slime ball.

To top things off last night, the Steelers stunk up the joint. Interceptions, receivers running the wrong routes, personal foul penalties. The stink was big enough that I could smell it all the way from Denver. :sick:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

To top things off last night, the Steelers stunk up the joint. Interceptions, receivers running the wrong routes, personal foul penalties. The stink was big enough that I could smell it all the way from Denver. :sick:

Mike T.

Don't feel bad bro..

There are only about 5 teams that are playing like they're in sync offensively right now from what I've seen. That means that 27 teams are not running plays crisply, have excessive O-line penalties, have recievers that aren't making the catch, have QB's throwing the ball into coverage, and aren't scoring points in the red zone. My teams are amoung those too!

Here in Atlanta for example, the Falcons have had just 1 TD(7 points total) scored out of 13 total drives run by the 1st team offense.. Pathetic!!

TROLL . . . ish.

I'm in, thx. Steve. Wouldn't be autumn without it.

So... what's the plan for the pool(s), my NFL brothers? I'm itching for making my mediocre picks, and the season's creeping up on us!

Group Name is Keyboard corner

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 37369

Password: iwantab3

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

There's been a lot of grumbling in Pittsburgh about how coach Mike Tomlin is handling the QB rotation. He plans on starting Roethlisberger against Carolina this week. That is a waste of time. Tomlin needs to put Bryon Leftwich in as the starter so he gets some snaps with the first team and doesn't get killed playing behind the second team OL as he did in Denver. Roethlisberger will get some practice time before he returns to the field after his suspension is over. I agree that Tomlin should give Dixon more snaps, that's the only way he's going to get better. However, Tomlin's search for "clarity" at the QB position is not very clear.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Maybe Tomlin knows Ben's suspension will be significantly reduced. ;)

Otherwise, I agree that Leftwich and Dixon should be getting most of the snaps with the 1s in preparation for the first 2 regular season games at the very least.

The real question is whether or not the Steelers O-line can be corrected to protect their QB. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The Offensive line has been.....well.....offensive. It has been a problem for a number of years. Roethlisberger is a big guy and has been able to complete passes with bodies draped around his legs. Not your average sized NFL QB. Otherwise, the Steelers line would have been more of a factor in the last couple of years. Some of the veterans were declining over the last 5 or 6 seasons, and as the Steelers try to find players to replace them, the debacle continues.

Edit: Peter King from CNNSI has picked the Steelers to win the SB this season. We're in a heap of trouble now! :facepalm:

Mike T.

So... what's the plan for the pool(s), my NFL brothers? I'm itching for making my mediocre picks, and the season's creeping up on us!

Group Name is Keyboard corner

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 37369

Password: iwantab3

I'm bumping this to make sure that everyone who wants to participate knows about it.

Last year, we had 15 players; this year only 9 so far. Anyone else interested?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

As expected, Big Ben's punishment reduced to 4 games - though I think it would have sent a stronger message to keep it at 6...too much sense of entitlement, methinks...

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

I'm bumping this to make sure that everyone who wants to participate knows about it.

Best,

Geoff

Out of the regulars, The Governor, Mike, and Meccajay,have not joined yet.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

College Ball today! The drought is over.

UConn visits Michigan today 3:30 EST. Huge game for us as we are new to FBS Football (Opening the 7th Season in the Big East).

Coach Rodriguez never lost to UConn at West Virginia. We are hoping to give Rich Rod the same send off we gave Charlie Weiss last year in a win that pretty much sealed Charlie's fate at Notre Dame.

Sagarin favors UConn by .24 points. Yes. .24 Official line is -3 (-2.5).

College Football Today on ESPN reports breaking news that Leinart will be released - I¨m surprised that they couldnt find a trade partner....

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

Sporting News had been predictin that Houzh would be released for a few days - they like Mike Williams, so H. would only have been a number three or four - and gets paid far too much for that...

but he will hook up with someone, he had too many catches last year to just forget about...

But wil Leinart find a gig that would allow him to compete to be a starter? Not likely, not soon....

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

When even Charlie Whitehurst, who has zero NFL passes on record, was considered more desirable as trade bait than Leinart, what did that say about Leinart's trade value?

Some Charger fans are complaining about trading for Crayton instead of TJ Hoosh but that wasn't going to happen due to TJ's salary. They forget that Seattle actually inquired about trading for SD's V. Jackson - they must have though VJ would be cheaper than TJ. If VJ had stayed DUI-free and played out his contract with another great NFL season, he would have had a better chance of landing a respectable long term contract in SD. Oh well. The Rams are once again reportedly inquiring about a trade to give Bradford another weapon.

Best,

Geoff

Out of the regulars, The Governor, Mike, and Meccajay,have not joined yet.

meccajay, Mike, TinderArts, richwhite9, Postman, and NoahZark all signed up last year and have yet to do so this year.

I haven't seen Postman around these parts for some time now, but everyone else is present and accounted for.

Speaking of sports thread regulars who have been missing for a while, I wonder what happened to SilverDragonSound. His last post was over a year ago, on July 10, 2009.

Best,

Geoff

Javon Walker only lasted two weeks in Minnesota

I'm sorry to hear that. I would have enjoyed seeing Favre pass to him, if only for nostalgic value.

I Googled Javon to see what happened. Here's what I found:

Vikings released WR Javon Walker.

Walker showed well in the preseason with a pair of touchdowns and over 100 combined yards in two games, so he might have put enough on tape to get another team to bite. Unfortunately for him, the Vikings deemed Greg Camarillo a superior option in the possession role they'd been seeking to upgrade. Minnesota will keep just four receivers on the roster, confirming the medical staff's confidence that Percy Harvin's migraines will not recur. (Source)

Best,

Geoff

Ranking the coaches

I expect Singletary to rise. Any comments on the rankings, in general?

Jeff Fisher #3?!?!?! You've gotta be kidding me. He's marginal at best. He may have held his job a long time, but in 16 years he's had 1 Super Bowl appearance, only 6 playoff berths, and a sub .500 playoff record.

Honestly, and as much as I hate to say it, after #1 among active coaches, there's not a lot of clear cut guys from #2 on, but regardless there's no way in hell Fisher is top 10.

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Also, have to dig that they quoted Lienhart for the bit on Wisenhunt

Ha, I saw that. And he said, "He's been extremely hard on me...." I'll say!

Call it a hunch. I think the Cardinals are going to lose their way this year. Kurt Warner don't grow on trees.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived