Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I still wish the swell pedal would to "0" on my Nord!

toad

You know I'm using the control pedal for the piano volume, and of course the swell won't ever go down all the way, so I'm always having to turn off the perc. then the organ volume buy hand. I tried changing and modifing the organ program with no luck. I can't be the only one that uses left foot for swell and right for piano vol. :confused:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What end result are you looking for?

Fade from piano to organ? Fade both the same? Fade both in the same direction independently of each other?

You can use the control pedal to control the organs volume. Then the expression pedal "expresses" up to that volume setting. You can also use the pedal (or wheel) to control in the opposite direction. Up is down....

Oh yeah, which Nord?

I Have a Nord stage compact. I want independent foot volumes between the organ and piano sections. I need the volumes to be hands free, no morph blend or wheels. When the control pedal controls organ volume it hogs the piano volume right?

If you want totally independent control of the sections via 2 foot controllers, the Stage doesn't offer that with it's two control inputs.

You might look into MIDI Solutions for their Pedal Controller.

Then assign it to the MIDI volume control number of the organ section (MIDI Control # 100).

I do, and when ever you use the swell input to control organ volume it won't go to "0" volume just like a B-3. Therefore if I'm in a piano patch w/organ, I can't get rid of the organ(fast enough)if I need to. If the band is playing real loud it's not too big of a deal, but if it's piano solo time off the cuff from the leader, I want the faster, less thinking way of killing the organ sound. I've got the habit of using my left foot for organ volume (swell) and my right foot for the piano section.

I'm adding texture to the band by swelling and bringing up piano volumes etc. One good thing about the Nord is that it is multi-timberal and I like having the ability to bring in sounds more smoothly, unlike the KORG SV-1 that abruptly transitions between it's own sounds. I don't want to be clanking around patch changes during songs. I'm going for the illusion of two keyboard players in the band.

How about this. Set up piano on Panel A and Organ on Panel B. Then you can just switch with a single button push.

Never mind, you said hands free. Then you must use a true volume pedal for organ, bring it out a separate output, and mix it in your amp.

You will lose the expression feature, which changes tone and overdrive as volume changes.

Moe

---

well that could be an alternative to the midi pedal adapter idea, since I am running a separate out to the rotary anyway, in fact I'm gonna do that right now to see what the gain and freqs do. I'll snag it from my ole' CV chop set-up

What is kinda neat is that I forgot to un-plug the organ Swell, and I could'nt hear anything so I checked the cords again on the ernie ball pedal but I must have hit the swell pedal a little and the volume came up with a good growl that caught me by surprize! So for now I'm gonna play around with three volumes pedals. 1. piano 2. organ swell 3.master organ(ernie ball)There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere!

I know a guy that layers the piano and organ on his Stage, and plays harder to get the piano sound and plays lighter to get organ. I don't know how much pedal he uses, probably not much.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'm going for the illusion of two keyboard players in the band.

Then a second board might be in order? Especially for organ.

Or, I should say, since you have a NSC, maybe have a another weighted board for pianos? Or just MIDI a weighted board in to Panel A?

Archived