Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Palladia - Gear spotting

Mogut

Artists are using nord electros EVERYWHERE. Which is not so surprising, but what is, is that many artists seem to be using the nord piano patches. In disbelief, I spend the entire concert trying to see if they have midi cable plugged in. So far I have never seen an artist midi out from a nord.

I just thought I would make this comment since so many posters celebrate their hard feelings over the nord piano patches.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you watch Live From Daryl's House, his keyboard player Eliot Lewis uses an Electro 2. I've been trying to spot if he's using the Electro piano on those songs or controlling something. I think from a quick passing shot of the Electro I just saw, he is using the internal Ac Grand.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Lenka definitely was not using the electro as a controller. Which I just saw last night. There is alot of piano in her music too

-Greg

I watch a fair amount of Palladia too. There, and in other places, one does see a lot of red. I know I have mentioned this before, but on some of the occasions where I've used the Nord piano patch, I've had people who know music tell me they like the piano sound. I'm convinced that somehow the Nord patch sounds better at a distance than it does close to the amp. I guess I'll have to get a 50 foot cord or go wireless to check it out for myself.

I asked Eliot on FB about his Electro piano, and here's what he said.

yeah i am using i think if i remember correctly it's the steinway piano sample in the electro, and the macbook was being used for some additional synth sounds via m-audio keyrig but for a while i'm just using it for lyric references.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Who knows. Live he might be running more sounds than what he does for LFDH, which is what I asked him about.

You just cant hide the nords lol. I see artists do this all the time. I assume they want endorsement pay. How does it reflect on you when you like a product, but your hiding the logo?... I personally think it looks bad on the artist. Money makes the world go around I guess.

-Greg

You just cant hide the nords lol. I see artists do this all the time. I assume they want endorsement pay. How does it reflect on you when you like a product, but your hiding the logo?... I personally think it looks bad on the artist. Money makes the world go around I guess.

Brand names on instruments are often masked by television crews because it qualifies as advertising without compensation to the broadcaster.

Brand names on instruments are often masked by television crews because it qualifies as advertising without compensation to the broadcaster.

Interesting... I wonder if that conflicts with endorsed artists

-Greg

Interesting... I wonder if that conflicts with endorsed artists

From my experience, if the artist has an endorsement deal, the logo stays unobscured. Not sure if the manufacturers have some sort of blanket agreement, or what, but that's how I've seen it happen before:

Stage hand, pointing to my 2-keyboard rig: "Do you have an endoresement deal with either (company A) or (company B)?"

Me: "Nope; I wish. :)"

Stage hand, with black gaffer tape in hand: "Uh-huh." as though he'd heard that about a million times, as he taped over the logos on my 2 boards.

Interestingly enough, I kept the tape on my Roland A-80 for years afterwards, even when I wasn't doing TV. ;)

I've been on national TV before using a brand I endorsed, but the logo was still taped off because Brand X was one of the exclusive sponsors of the show. I made a bit of an issue of it as I wanted my brand to be seen, but it was a no go.

I've been on national TV before using a brand I endorsed, but the logo was still taped off because Brand X was one of the exclusive sponsors of the show. I made a bit of an issue of it as I wanted my brand to be seen, but it was a no go.

Why would anybody have a problem with TROJAN ?

I don't understand it. :rolleyes:

Had to hurt when they pulled the tape off. :sick:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived