Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT- You staying up for new year?

anderz

Hey guys,

I have decided to try and stay up until midnight. This is going to be a disaster, but I'm going to try.

For an odd reason I feel motivated for this. So odd, but I think what I need to stay up is one amplifier, one pedal, 2 cables, at least 3 sodas, and a bag of chips (optional). You guys staying up? I really would like to know, mainly because I feel really odd about this whole thing. (All of us on the forum could update from all different parts of the world when the new year just began, lol).

With great experimentation,

-anderseb

Stick it to the man.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/anderseb/

(Muh homepage of greatness)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a gig for the new year...great function; excellent food, crowd, lug and pay (oh yeah, we played music as well!)...it's 1pm on Jan 1st in Sydney as I write...hope everyone has (or had) a good one!

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

I had a gig for the new year...great function; excellent food, crowd, lug and pay (oh yeah, we played music as well!)...it's 1pm on Jan 1st in Sydney as I write...hope everyone has (or had) a good one!

I don't usually go to bed until 5 AM anyway. http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/1hch1/facepalm-1.gif

I had a gig at a posh gated community with awesome food too. :thu: The crowd was averaging 60. :o

All these 60 somethings dancing to Lady Gaga and Chic. And we got paid before the gig even started.

Pulled the JTM-45 out of retirement for the gig...sweet tube tone. :love: Add a Strat + Vox Satchurator and you get more :love:

Too bad I didn't get paid what many people get (used to get) $$$ wise for a NYE gig. http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/1hch1/facepalm-1.gif

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

I was up till 5:00 am--but thats nothing new. I drank ALOT of 'PeeJoes' (chinese for beer), and watched both the Taipei 101 fireworks (which actually are pretty dull), and the Miramar fireworks (these were EXTREMELY close to my gf's parents second house on the mountain).

I don't usually go to bed until 5 AM anyway. http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/1hch1/facepalm-1.gif

I had a gig at a posh gated community with awesome food too. :thu: The crowd was averaging 60. :o

All these 60 somethings dancing to Lady Gaga and Chic. And we got paid before the gig even started.

Pulled the JTM-45 out of retirement for the gig...sweet tube tone. :love: Add a Strat + Vox Satchurator and you get more :love:

Too bad I didn't get paid what many people get (used to get) $$$ wise for a NYE gig. http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/1hch1/facepalm-1.gif

Nice rig! Is the JTM a combo or head?

Our crowd had a similar demographic! Actually I don't mind such a crowd these days, usually appreciative and into the playing. The polar opposite here in Aussie is a pub full of drunk backpackers...

GP SoCal, is Florida really like the Seinfeld version (ie really hot and home to retirees)?

Guitar Speak Podcast

Nice rig! Is the JTM a combo or head?

It's an original head from 1965. Just had it retubed with KT-66s. I ran it through two 1-12" cabinets with Celestions.

I didn't take the 4X12. It's also original with leather straps on top and pinstripe fabric. I broke the "M" at the gig. (Not the first time I've broken a letter or part of a letter off.) :mad:

Fortunately, I glued it back on when I got home.

GP SoCal, is Florida really like the Seinfeld version (ie really hot and home to retirees)?

South Florida is totally that (retirees), but it's HOT and HUMID all over. This is the worst climate in the USA. I live in the redneck N.E. part. Culturally, we're part of south Georgia and south Florida is a completely different country.

I miss CA. :(

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Well I sure had a unique NYE-partying with a bunch of very cool 20

something types,just inside northern France-a few houses down the beach was in Belgium. Roman candle battles, lots of great food and a young guitarist who's into Django-it was hard not to get defensive, this guy was GOOD, even under the influence(s). We passed his Fender acoustic back and forth. The party wound down kind of early for my taste but it was way past midnight.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

something types,just inside northern France-a few houses down the beach was in Belgium. Roman candle battles, lots of great food and a young guitarist who's into Django-it was hard not to get defensive, this guy was GOOD, even under the influence(s). We passed his Fender acoustic back and forth. The party wound down kind of early for my taste but it was way past midnight.

dude you are like multi-continental!

Guitar Speak Podcast

dude you are like multi-continental!

LOL, Skip you are like a typical Taiwanese--traveling all over the place. I wish I liked to travel more. I actually only enjoy it if I can get some good food/beer/ . If the food sux--I am not happy.

Sounds like a very cool time, indeed, Skip! :cool:

LOL, Skip you are like a typical Taiwanese--traveling all over the place. I wish I liked to travel more. I actually only enjoy it if I can get some good food/beer/ . If the food sux--I am not happy.

Hmn, think maybe some good food (not to mention Belgian beer) might've been found around thereabouts, Bruce? ;)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

...at 67 years old, I have trouble getting excited about holidays. In fact they bore me silly.

Getting there myself at 56, DBM. Of course, being mostly by myself for them doesn't really help get me in a holiday mood...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Getting there myself at 56, DBM. Of course, being mostly by myself for them doesn't really help get me in a holiday mood...

They ain't any better with company take my word for it. They just bore the heck out of me. I loved Christmas until I found out who Santa Clause really was (When raising my kids) After that the whole holiday thing lost its sparkle for me and the sparkle has never really returned.

Sounds like a very cool time, indeed, Skip! :cool:

Hmn, think maybe some good food (not to mention Belgian beer) might've been found around thereabouts, Bruce? ;)

Well the party featured mostly pizza but Brussels has some good food, especially the `Kebap` places, for 4-6 euros you can get pita sandwiches or wraps stuffed to the max with hummus, fresh vegetables and chicken or beef and some have feta cheese. What I really wnated to try, was the shawirmas-pita sandwiches with lamb, cucumber and tahini. I`ve had them in the U.S., they are amazing.

South Florida is totally that (retirees), but it's HOT and HUMID all over. This is the worst climate in the USA. I live in the redneck N.E. part. Culturally, we're part of south Georgia and south Florida is a completely different country.

I miss CA. :(

Yep, but that heat and humidity pickles folks and (if they don't overdo sun exposure) helps them age pretty healthily. Living in a big sweat box is good for the skin. We basically have the same thing here in Louisiana (though we're having a freeze spell right now). I have to say that I thought San Diego was pretty similar to South Florida with a little less humidity, and was awesome.

My curse has been having the mindset of a NE'er, but being a Louisiana boy, physically. I don't like the harsh cold...

People told me the same thing in Taiwan, the humidity is good for the skin and I have seen plenty of evidence to support that. High humidity still makes me climb the walls though and it`s not so good for the lungs I think-back in the day when `consumption` was a major health issue, people used to take to the hills to escape the humidity and help breathing.

People told me the same thing in Taiwan, the humidity is good for the skin and I have seen plenty of evidence to support that. High humidity still makes me climb the walls though and it`s not so good for the lungs I think-back in the day when `consumption` was a major health issue, people used to take to the hills to escape the humidity and help breathing.

I am one of the few that LIKES humidity. So far I haven't had any moments here where I thought it was too sticky or hot. Right now it is chilly. Probably 58 degrees outside.

But also keep in mind, I worked outside for MANY years on 100 degree days with high humidity and 0 clouds. So here, walking to the MRT or just walking to the store is NOTHING, even on the hottest days. It is much easier in comparison to shoveling dirt, or moving rocks, or walking 25 miles in a day--all in the hot summer.

I stayed up till midnight to toast the New Year with my wife with a glass of wine. No big party or anything.

Somehow the thought of freezing my heinie off in Times Square doesn't appeal to me!

If I were single, I'd doubtless be out in a club listening to music on New Year's eve, but Janeth doesn't like loud music or being around drunks....

Archived