Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Snow

SK

I know this won't seem like anything to those of you in snowy climates, but I just lost my gig tomorrow night due to the snow... so I thought I'd mindlessly post a thread about it. :freak:

It started snowing less than 2 hours ago here in Va. and it's already several inches deep out there, and will continue until Sunday morning. It's heading north, and they're calling for possibly 20" in D.C.

So, you folks north of here, be careful out there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this won't seem like anything to those of you in snowy climates, but I just lost my gig tomorrow night due to the snow...

Nothing good comes from snow. I hate snow. When we die and go to hell, it'll will be filled with snow, not fire.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

It's amazing! We never get this much snow at this time of year, at least not in recent memory. One of my kids just went out with a ruler and claims we have 5" already.

Here's a quickie photo of the house I took an hour or two ago.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs004.snc3/11166_1306223063711_1474562130_30893186_2628083_n.jpg

Sorry about the lost gig, SK. Hope you can make it up. I have some other friends that are having gigs at The National for tomorrow night postponed into next week. I somehow ended up with a free weekend and did all my grocery shopping yesterday, so I'll just hunker down at the homestead, perhaps going out for some sledding and drinking when the snow slows down.

Regards,

Eric

Looks like you folks are going to get a foot or two in some places. It could be as little as a foot for me. Only a few inches north of Boston and nothing for ski country.

Sorry you got a taste of my world, SK. I always know well in advance when it's going to snow. I just look at my schedule and pick the worst possible times.

--wmp

I know this won't seem like anything to those of you in snowy climates, but I just lost my gig tomorrow night due to the snow...

Nothing good comes from snow. I hate snow. When we die and go to hell, it'll will be filled with snow, not fire.

One man's hell is another man's heaven. Personally, I like some snow.

One man's hell is another man's heaven. Personally, I like some snow.

Being a VA resident, but a NH native, I'm enjoying the hell out of this right now.

We haven't had a white Christmas here since 1993, the year I moved down here.

I just saw a news alert that this will likely be the most snow we've seen in VA since Jan 1996. I have a distinct memory of that snow storm as my wife was expecting our twins and I was on tour in Vermont for most of the 2 weeks that pummeled us with snow. She was PISSED at me because even with a 4WD SUV, she could not get up the driveway and was hiking herself all over creation with groceries and so forth, while I was off partying in Killington.

Regards,

Eric

I really hate to tell you guys this but it was 83 here today (he ducks for cover has everyone starts throwing things)

Seriously, take care and be safe. I'm watching the Weather Channel and it looks crazy back there. Just be glad you're not stranded in some airport or on the side of some stretch of deserted road.

I come from the Midwest so I know a thing or two about snow and ice---it's just been 32 years :)

Sorry to hear your gig is cancelled Steve. You can have mine except I doubt you'd wanna do it. How do you say singer Hell! The great Jim Hughart is supposed to be on Bass tomorrow---boy is he in for a ......surprise?

I was going to head down to Baltimore for a gig tomorrow and decided it would be stupid to be heading into the storm. I am glad i didn't go.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Mine are 161 months.

Ha. Funny. :grin:

Snow started in the DC area about 9 pm tonight. It's coming down hard now. My wife and I hosted an office holiday party tonight, and I'm glad we got it in before the weather got bad.

On the other hand, we have a RIDICULOUS amount of leftover food. We're thinking of hosting a "Snowed In" shindig for neighborhood friends tomorrow (after all the kids go sledding). We need a lot of help to get this food eaten!

Any mid-Atlantic KC'ers with plowed roads are welcome to join us!!

Noah

I saw today that University of Maryland closed campus and cancelled commencement tomorrow due to this storm.

http://www.umd.edu/hot-topics.cfm?topic=6961

I didn't realize Houston got snow before you guys this year. How weird.

Stay safe and warm out there guys!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Here around St. Louis, we always seem to be stuck between 2 weather patterns. Chicago gets all the snow, Memphis gets all the rain, the line in between moves back and forth across St. Louis. So we get rain, sleet, snow, sleet, snow, rain, sleet snow... you get the idea - a few layers of ice covered with a little snow, basically. So we hate it around here.

Well my Area Manager (day job) is out of Louisiana. They don't get much snow - maybe once a year. He was up here an everybody was bitching that snow was in the forecast. Back home, his wife's boss bought the whole office some sort of special Latte's or something to celebrate that they were going to get snow that weekend. ugghh!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived