Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is the market value of a Crumar organ?

Hello, I recently contacted someone who is selling a Crumar T2 organ. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the brand, but I was wondering how much I should offer for it?

I don't know what condition it's in, but the seller will send me a demo video of it. He said that the bass pedals are no entirely functional, but that's all I know.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, I recently contacted someone who is selling a Crumar T2 organ. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the brand, but I was wondering how much I should offer for it?

I don't know what condition it's in, but the seller will send me a demo video of it. He said that the bass pedals are no entirely functional, but that's all I know.

Cheers

Less than zero. Honest. :whistle:

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Somewhere, some guy with a Craigslist ad is cursing Tony and MC... ;)

True dat, but if we can stop one forum member from making a bad mistake, it's all worth it! :thu:

Are they really that bad? I've checked out some youtube videos, and even though they don't have the tonewheel sound, they seemed to have a nice characteristic sound. Aren't they even worth $50 or so, if I can get one for that price?

I don't care if they're ugly nor heavy. I'm getting a Nord C2 soon enough, but I figured I could get some piece of vintage analog combo organ.

You'd spent $40 taking a date to the movies; if the thing fires up and plays to your liking, who are we to say?

I have never believed in keeping gear I don't use since I can't afford to open a museum. Using THOSE criteria, I'd rather go see Harry Potter.

the market value of any used/vintage keyboard varies greatly with its desirability with the hipster crowd that peruses craigslist daily on the lookout for bargains.

all the usual suspects still go for big money,which is why the Electro 2 is so popular.

everything else,the range is from free,to $100,more or less.

so,if you're buying,offer $50 and work your way up to $100,and if you're selling,ask $150 and let'em talk you down to $100 :wave:

You'd spent $40 taking a date to the movies; if the thing fires up and plays to your liking, who are we to say?

I have never believed in keeping gear I don't use since I can't afford to open a museum. Using THOSE criteria, I'd rather go see Harry Potter.

I would be using it, if not only to experiment and see what it feels like. If I buy it cheap, I'm sure I'll be able to sell it cheap too. Anyway, I'm waiting for him to send me a video demo of the thing, so that we can debate prices. Any further input is still welcome, though.

I don't care if they're ugly nor heavy. I'm getting a Nord C2 soon enough, but I figured I could get some piece of vintage analog combo organ.

I knew who a cat who felt the same way about damsels. :laugh:

It is hard to put a price on a man's satisfaction but I would advise taking that Crumar for a spin prior to making an investment and/or commitment. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Hey, I remember the original Organizer from the 70's.

http://www.enricobassi.it/organizer.htm

Small, lightweight, and relatively cheap (for the time, that is). It had some cool sounds if you kicked the percussion on full and overdrove a tube amp. Sure, no Hammond player would give it any mind; it was a toy in comparison. But frankly, I should have gotten myself one back then.

Value now? ... well ... not much. And it was really a piece of crap, just a *cool* piece of crap. That's how I remember it, anyway. Today, I'd have no use for it.

I do believe we are witnessing the lowest form of GAS.

Buying something that's worth nothing now, instead of next-to-nothing later.

:rolleyes:

Here for the gear.

Cheers

I was never happier than the day I replaced the Crumar with a Korg in 1983. I still have the Korg and bad memories about the Crumar. A Prophet 600 did organ about as well as could many of the early polyphonics. Running it through a Leslie 145 was a waste of time. It would wash out completely. Didn't like the doppler effect at all.

If you can find an old Korg for cheap (not to hard) much better but it needs a Leslie unless you like that MXR phase shifter hissing roto sound for a Leslie emulation.

If you go to see it, kick it for me.

Jeez....I still have one in my garage.......wonder if it works?

Actually used to hook it up to my Yorkville RVS II amp and it sounded decent for the time.......come to think of it I still have that as well.

Nothing worse than an old fart reminiscing.......

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Dude, buy a real Hammond spinet if you have $50 and space to burn.

Dude, believe me, I would. Unfortunately the used keyboard market over here is pretty much limited to dime-a-dozen Casios and "toy"-keyboards, and cheap transistor organs nobody wants. I sure wouldn't mind owning something like this:

http://global.ebay.com/BEAUTIFUL_BLONDE_HAMMOND_M3_ORGAN_M_3_B/350224946245/item

But having something that big and heavy ship overseas probably costs more than the organ itself.

Jeez....I still have one in my garage.......wonder if it works

Mine's up in the attic. Complete with original chrome stand. And I don't know if it works either.

Ran mine through a hot rodded 21H and although it was hardly authentic, I actually used to get compliments on it's sound. I kept out of the upper drawbars though, which had a transisterized character to them for sure.

Value today? I'd say between $50 and $100 bucks depending on condition and how much you want it.

If you can get it cheap and you think you might put it to good use - go for it.

I once attended a cool Pink Floyd tribute band (maybe 4-5 years ago), and their keyboard player was playing on Crumar organ (aside from having like 15 other synths). That thing sounded pretty good. Of course, he had a leslie... which really adds a lot to overall sound quality.

Just don't pay a lot for it.

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

I had one of those Crumar string/horn things (Orchestrator?) in the early 80's.

I too was glad to get rid of it. I sold it to a country group although i had to throw in a cable to seal the deal. I couldn't say which was worth more to me, the cable or the keyboard.

"Music should never be harmless."

Robbie Robertson

How did we get off the topic of Crumar organs and on to the topic of your success, or otherwise, in the movie theatre?

Archived