Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kerry Minnear is back!

BP3

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trip is that it is Malcolm Mortimore drumming! He's like the Pete Best of that band, except that I believe he lost his job after the album Three Friends due to injury, not suckage ;)

It looks like they want to emphasize the rock, with the dual guitar and keyboard rigs, and good choice. That means they don't have to dig the recorders and xylophones (and trumpets and Cornish lutes) out of the closet.

Does anyone know if the Shulmans support the idea? I mean, it's got Kerry Minnear. It needs no other stamp of authenticity. He clearly wrote so much of it.

That's pretty exciting and touching. I'd go see them if they played New York. I did see GG in '79, a mile and half from where I sit now. It blew my mind permanently.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Yeah, it's great to see Minnear back on stage with Green and Mortimore and the other members of (Gentle Giant spin-off) Three Friends. :thu:

I don't know how Derek, Ray, and Phil Shulman feel about it; but as long as the current lineup isn't calling themselves Gentle Giant, it seems reasonable for them to play the material.

As I posted here, I was lucky to see Gentle Giant in concert at their peak -- first touring The Power and the Glory, and then Free Hand.

The first time around, they warmed up for Renaissance. The second time, they had the bill to themselves. :)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Absolutely fantastic - hope they organise a full UK tour - would be there like a shot.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Archived