Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum NFL Survival pool/Pick 'em

Dave Bryce

Hear ye hear ye...the annual KC Survival and Pick 'em pools (just for fun - no $) are now available for sign up! :idea:

We play these offsite these days:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Football Pickem:

Group ID#: 20585

Password: touchdown

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Football Survivor Pool:

Group ID#: 4518

Password: touchdown

Come on down! :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...

I received the following e-mail from Yahoo Sports today:

If you have not yet made selections for this week's games, you must enter your picks before your group's selection deadline passes or you will be Eliminated.

If you would like more information on this week's games, check out the Yahoo! Sports coverage at http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl.

-- Survival Football Commissioner

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

Uh, Mr. Survival Football Commissioner, I don't believe we need to worry about "this week's games." ;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I wonder how much having to actually register for the Yahoo group deters people from playing. When we just posted the Survival Pool here and deciding to play was just as simple as posting in/watching a thread, we averaged 25-30 people. The Yahoo group hasn't ever been near that...

dB

True, and yet the Yahoo pool is looking really good this year in its setup, and doesn't require anyone to do the maintenance. You and I have both been local "commissioners" for the pool(s), and it's kind of a pain in the ass.

Ultimately, if we could get 20+ people to do the Yahoo pool(s), it would be great. If we want to go local and do it here in the forum, I'm fine with that too, as long as I'm not doing anything but submitting picks. :)

I think the thing that sucks the most about the Yahoo thing is that we can't really talk to each other...their "messaging" system leaves much to be desired. :rolleyes:

Maybe we could keep this thread going for banter...? I dunno...just looking to understand why the number of playas has been so much lower since we moved it...

dB

I think that's fine.

I also recall that there were people the last couple of years who said they wished they were in, but didn't get their stuff set up before the season started and then blew it off.

And if it means we get 20+ people here, then by all means let's do it. But first, maybe we can look at some old threads and see some of the people who used to participate who haven't signed up yet this year.

And then pester the crap out of them until they do! :laugh:

Hmm...

I received the following e-mail from Yahoo Sports today:

If you have not yet made selections for this week's games, you must enter your picks before your group's selection deadline passes or you will be Eliminated.

If you would like more information on this week's games, check out the Yahoo! Sports coverage at http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl.

-- Survival Football Commissioner

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

Uh, Mr. Survival Football Commissioner, I don't believe we need to worry about "this week's games." ;)

Best,

Geoff

Its my ploy to get everyone eliminated so I can win. :D

Serious;y just ignore these messages until week 1, don''t forget there is a game on Thursday of the first week so you need to get your pick in early that week.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I note that we've got a few more folks signed up. Here's the list so far...

Silver Dragon Sound

Geoff Grace

jeffdaweasel

dB

MidLifeCrisis

antimatter

Magpel

kanker

ProfD

NoahZark

Tonewheel Junkies

Postman

Let's keep it rolling, NFL fans! I think it's going to be a very interesting season; could be great for both Pick Em and Survival pools. Jump in... it only takes about five minutes per week to make your pick, and it's very fun. :)

Silver Dragon Sound

Geoff Grace

jeffdaweasel

dB

MidLifeCrisis

antimatter

Magpel

kanker

ProfD

NoahZark

Tonewheel Junkies

Postman

Oh, so that's how it's going to be, eh? Don't think I don't get the sleight. I get it. Putting me in last place before the season even begins. Typical Raider (fan) low brow abuse. Well, we'll see. We will see.

Raiders suck!

Broncos rule!

Silver Dragon Sound

Geoff Grace

jeffdaweasel

dB

MidLifeCrisis

antimatter

Magpel

kanker

ProfD

NoahZark

Tonewheel Junkies

Postman

Oh, so that's how it's going to be, eh? Don't think I don't get the sleight. I get it. Putting me in last place before the season even begins. Typical Raider (fan) low brow abuse. Well, we'll see. We will see.

Raiders suck!

Broncos rule!

Denver still has a team? :wave:

Although I'm one to talk. I'm here between the Bucs, Jags, and [shudder] Dolphins. Go Somebody!!

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Putting me in last place before the season even begins. Typical Raider (fan) low brow abuse. Well, we'll see. We will see.

I'm sorry, do I know you? And who is this team of which you speak? Weren't they once pretty good, back in the '90s?

:laugh:

GO RAIDERS! YOU'LL BE GREAT WITH 8-8!*

*Or higher. Shut up! It could happen.

8-8! Man are the Raiders pathetic! Ha! You wouldn't hear that out here in Bronco Land.

Go BRONCOS! You're in heaven with 9-7!

But, sorry, no time to talk now. Gotta go pick up that case of Premium Whoop-ass downtown. The local stores are all sold out and I hear it's going fast in the city.

Actually, I better pick a couple cases. I'm sure I'll go through the better part of a case on Monday night.

Archived