Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Newbies and our "warm" welcome

DavidMPires

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump is getting married!

Nothing is set in stone yet for dates or whatever. By this time next year it will have happened. We're not doing anything fancy - just a justice of the peace. But if we have some sort of party afterwards, well, I'm sure you'll all be invited.

Just keep us informed Bump, Seattle's not so far!

It would seem that Tom and your version are a bit different. I like Tom's picture though. Why only 45 LDs Tom?

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

I only had Guiness from the tap, and whoever says it tastes the same in dublin or in london is lying, or far too drunk.

That would be me.

Let's see, I've drank Guinness on tap in Dublin, Dover, the Caribbean, North and South America, and Europe. Very consistent from place to place. Of course, being an educated drunk, I try to drink only in the finest of bars.

Why only 45 LDs Tom?

Because some of you will have gigs. And some of those gigs will have you playing songs that you don't know and have to learn in a hurry.

I can't wait to see Mrs. Bump on the dance floor with Bump wearing the Ross Brown shirt.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I can't wait to see Mrs. Bump on the dance floor with Bump wearing the Ross Brown shirt.

I'd rather see Mrs. Bump wearing the Ross Brown shirt. And heels. :love:

Congrats, Bump! :thu:

Sorry, I missed the beer pissing match, so on to that.

I, too, like a flavorful beer. Something you can chew on. Unfortunately they tend to cost the same per bottle as a 6-pack of commoner's swill! :mad: So I find myself drinking swill in quantity more often than one quality quaffer.

Sam Adams Double Bock is a big +1

(Sorry, not familiar with the others. I'll try your recommendations. One of the occupational hazards of working in a bar band is the constant availability of drink at my beck and call. :D )

As far as swill, I try not to stoop to American beer. At least up north it's easy to get imports ... from Canada! Perhaps when all is said and done not so different from their southern neighbors, but I like to think there is a difference. It's amazing that my favorite go-to beer isn't available if I wander too far south, east, or west of here.

Labatt Blue

Not the best beer in the world, mind you, but it gets r done. ;)

A fine offering from Molsen is XXX (triple "X"). Not for the feint of heart it clocks in at something insane, like 7.4%. They used to only be available in Canada for export only (golly, why?) but now I am happy to see them in American stores. Nothing like getting totally wankered without even having to finish the 6-pack! :cool:

And I would rather drink week-old water out of a filthy dog dish than Coors Lite. Just sayin'. :D

I'll be the guy with a lousy American can of beer floating in the pool. :wave:

Why do you throw beer cans in your pool? :confused:

http://emersondirect.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/seth_southpark.jpg

Push the button Frank.

Congrats, Bump! :thu:

Canada! Perhaps when all is said and done not so different from their southern neighbors, but I like to think there is a difference. It's amazing that my favorite go-to beer isn't available if I wander too far south, east, or west of here.

Labatt Blue

I used to drink the snot outta that. The Canadian Coors and a fine Pilsner to be sure.

I toured around in Canada for a bit. Lots of good beers there but the coolest thing was the Beer Stores!

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Oh I give up trying to get this thread back on track.

Everyone knows that Australia's best kept secret is

Little Creatures - a truly wonderful ale

Then I'm partial to a lot of British ales (kept at cellar temperature) such as Spitfire, London's Pride, Adnams, Pedigree, Theakstons etc etc

Yes, our Belgium chums should get a special mention here as Leffe and Hoegaarden have taken a grip in the UK. Chimay is wonderful.

In a pub you should drink ale. It should be made law. Budweiser, stella, Heineken and Magnums cider???? Give me a break .. that's beer/cider for people who don't like beer.

Opinionated moi? I just thought I'd join in.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

Yeah I got told off by Dave because I drank fosters in one of our lowdown meetings. :(

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I prefer Portuguese Beer, like super bock or sagres

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

http://www.twocheeseballs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/david-hasselhoff.jpg

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived