Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Newbies and our "warm" welcome

DavidMPires

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the pool felt great!

Some just call it p!$$. :)

Some also will only drink fine imported pilsners in a proper pilsner glass or perhaps a fine lager in a frosted mug or perhaps, on occasion, a tankard of ale.

I think too much thinking and analysis of hop contents and brewing seasons takes much of the fun out of drinking beer.

Toss me a nice cold can out of the cooler, would ya? While I'm floatin' in the pool I'm easy to look down your nose at.

:wave:

Push the button Frank.

Some also will only drink fine imported pilsners in a proper pilsner glass or perhaps a fine lager in a frosted mug or perhaps, on occasion, a tankard of ale.

What, you got somethin' against Stouts and Porters? :mad:

I think too much thinking and analysis of hop contents and brewing seasons takes much of the fun out of drinking beer.

I don't analyze a damned thing - I just know when I'm drinking "beer flavored water" (Coors Light)

Toss me a nice cold can out of the cooler, would ya? While I'm floatin' in the pool I'm easy to look down your nose at.

I can't argue with that, bro! :thu:

:wave:

Hilarious. Silver Sissy indeed. Aren't 60 or 70 sit ups worth drinking a real beer?

There is nothing like an ice cold Coors on a hot sweaty day but, generally I am a euro-lager man. Heiny from the bottle thank you.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

I don't analyze a damned thing - I just know when I'm drinking "beer flavored water" (Coors Light)

+1

Having spent more than a decade in Germany, it's hard for me to find American beer that's worth the effort to open.

Starr Hill in Va., and LAughing Lab in Colorado Springs are pretty damn good.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Having spent more than a decade in Germany, it's hard for me to find American beer that's worth the effort to open.

I'd suggest

Samuel Adams - Double Bock (only available in March/April),

North Coast Brewing - Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

Rogue - Shakespeare Stout

http://www.jumpstation.ca/recroom/comedy/python/images/twit1.gif

Oh I say! I'd never drink anything that wasn't imported from far, far away!

http://www.jumpstation.ca/recroom/comedy/python/images/twit3.gif

Pip pip! I only drink beer from obscure microbreweries!

http://www.jumpstation.ca/recroom/comedy/python/images/twit2.gif

American beer isn't real beer, don't you know!

I swear, beer snobs can be as much of a drag as vegans. :snax:

Push the button Frank.

My father was drinking Miller High Life...WHEN HE WAS HIT BY THE TRAIN!!!!

Thanks for bringing back the horrible memories... :cry:

Strange story, my Dad actually was hit by a train. Hard. Swear to God. Didn't kill him. He was one tough sonofabitch. My father's life was hard to believe. I should write a book.

Oh, and for the record - Dad didn't drink. Still got hit by a train though...

Push the button Frank.

Just for the record....

As we talk, I'm currently drinking a

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/05/miller_products/image/miller.jpg

So much for the "beer snob" angle... :D

Really? That's carny beer! Bet ya drink Folgers too. :D

I'm an everything snob. Beer, coffee, tobacco products, even picky about ex wives.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Really? That's carny beer! Bet ya drink Folgers too. :D

Folgers?! How dare you?! :mad:

Them's fightin' words, there... :evil:

I'm an everything snob. Beer, coffee, tobacco products, even picky about ex wives.

Only thing I'm picky about with my ex-wife is whether or not she calls me. If she does, I'm liable to stab her with an ice pick. :D

Samuel Adams - Double Bock (only available in March/April),

North Coast Brewing - Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

Rogue - Shakespeare Stout

All fine beverages. I was so pleased that the grocery store that is less than a mile from my house started carrying Old Rasputin. The place I used to get it from went out of business about 2 years ago. It made me sad.

Other beers that I enjoy:

Red Hook ESB

Red Hook Double Black Stout (actually made with Starbucks coffee in it as well - tastes much better than you'd think)

Samuel Adams Boston Lager (fantastic on hot days)

Guinness

Grolsch (ain't bad - comes with free strap locks!)

Pacifico

I can handle Colorado Kool-Aid, MGD, and Henry's if it is a really hot day and someone else brought it over... I cannot and will not drink Budweiser - even one bottle gives me a ripping hangover. It is the rice filler they use.

Oh yes and my beer must always be bottled or from a tap. Cans are for bloody savages.

I swear, beer snobs can be as much of a drag as vegans.

Not all vegans are a drag. My girlfriend (whom I will be marrying) is one and she's quite alright. :)

All this talk of beer is making me thirsty.

EDIT: This is now officially my favorite thread ever.

Last weekend at the Guiness storehouse in Dublin, indeed they taste better in Dublin.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r165/davidmpires/dublin/Dublin2008079.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r165/davidmpires/dublin/Dublin2008044.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r165/davidmpires/dublin/Dublin2008082.jpg

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

There is a pub around the corner from Drury Lane in London where they serve Guiness imported from Ireland (I don't remember the name of the pub, but I will ask my brother in law from London).

All the Guinness served in the UK is now imported from Dublin... It was the single best decision ever made.... by whoever made it.

They used to import just the concentrate and then add local water, or something. That's why it still tasted better in Ireland. Not sure what they do now though.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

They used to import just the concentrate and then add local water, or something. That's why it still tasted better in Ireland. Not sure what they do now though.

:eek: If that is the case, then I retract my statement about it being the best decision :D

And for a taste summer snack... get a pack of bratwurst.

Take YOUR favorite beer (me, Guinness) boil dem dar brats fer aboot (yeah I said aboot) 10 minutes... then grill for another 5-10. Garnish with sweet peppers, hot peppers, whatever you like.

Open another beer and enjoy them on the porch!

I am currently on a Honey Brown kick, dunno why.

And if you are ever in Providence RI, stop in at Trinity Brew House, http://www.trinitybrewhouse.com/ Some mighty fine micros... don't ask for Heiny's or Coors its all their own brews.

I am Mug Club Member #200. Yum!

Brocko

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Archived