Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How many of you have insurance out on your gear for gigging?

Gary75

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have used MusicPro Insurance for about ten years. They insure the equipment against almost anything. Even if some drumk spills beer in yout keyboard. All my equipment was stolen one night and they paid up with no questions asked. All they wanted was a police report. And they insured it for replacement value!

I have about $10,000 worth of equipment insured for $101 a year.

That's who I use.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

I have used MusicPro Insurance for about ten years.

That's who I use.

Same here. I don't leave home without it. It's too damn inexpensive not to have.

JP

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

Same here... Love MusicPro. Had one claim about 10 years ago and they replaced everything that was stolen. They also cover you if your rig is dropped by some drunk musician loading out his/her gear.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Gary, I am a UK MU member and they offer pretty good basic cover which can then be upgraded to more comprehensive cover. You also got PLI thrown in as well as all the other member benefits, so this might be worth a first stop as you'll probably get a lot more for your money.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Thanks for this thread. I need to do this today. It's 100 dollars versus thousands down the drain. And finding some of my vintage gear again, some of which I've rebuilt, would be a royal pain.

Archived