Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2008-2009 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I don't subscribe to Showtime either. I might choose to do so just for Inside The NFL -- if they kept the same commentators or hired others I liked -- but I'd probably drop it during the offseason.

Best,

Geoff

You should just upgrade you cable or satellite package and pick up the NFL channel. Or this is time, right now, get rid of that crappy cable you've got and step up to directv and get the best in television entertainment.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

With all due respect to all the people that think he needs to find a new hobby, let's not forget the many billions of dollars of money that individuals, advertisers, and corporations spend on the NFL every year, not to mention the many, many billions of dollars of public money that has gone to building NFL stadiums. If the NFL won't come completely clean on everything, straight up, no questions left, then it's Congresses responsibility to get involved. It's a matter of the public's trust.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Anybody dying over this stuff? Is it a national security problem? Does it have any effect on the markets?

I know we're going to disagree on this, but Congress ought to be paying attention to important stuff, and pro sports are definitely not important.

--wmp

Well, Kevin has a point. I don't like Arlen Specter putting his nose in when there are more important things for him to be doing, but the NFL DOES have a monopoly, so the Big Brother needs to watch them. When there is NO competition, there needs to be regulation.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Assumming that now, after every overblown detail of an already overblown and somewhat silly infraction has been written about ad nauseum for months, that there is anything else to know....

In my mind, the Patriots were penalized way too severely, and if anyone should be calling for additional investigation it should be them trying to get their draft choice back.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Every time I get annoyed with Belichick's arrogance, with the unfairness of Spygate, with the look on Brady's face that makes me want to throw a brick at it, I comfort myself with four little syllables.

Eighteen and one. :)

I comfort myself with four little syllables.

Eighteen and one. :)

http://0.content.bustedtees.com/d1/bt/a/c/bustedtees.ab57c70a3d3e9151e14e5f4c24e54973.jpg

Description:

This shirt preserves the memory of the thousands of "Patriots World Champion" t-shirts that were destroyed shortly after Super Bowl 42 ended.

TROLL . . . ish.

Well, the NFL DOES have a monopoly, so the Big Brother needs to watch them. When there is NO competition, there needs to be regulation.

Mike T.

It is no secret that the NFL has a monopoly on football. Cheating in sports is universal. No need for government intervention. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

To believe one can drive drunk slow for the 2nd time in as many months, the Bears had no choice but to kick Cedric Benson's dumb a** to the curb. :rolleyes:

While I know it is "just a game", I will never understand why these players screw up their opportunities in such a major way especially considering the plight of those that have gone before them. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

the Bears had no choice but to kick Cedric Benson's dumb a** to the curb. :rolleyes:

I will never understand why these players screw up their opportunities in such a major way

Life rule #1: Protect Your "House".

TROLL . . . ish.

So with Strahan's retirement that's, what, four defensive players lost by the Giants during the off-season? Edit: Yeah, they had already lost linebackers Kawika Mitchell (Bills) and Reggie Torbor (Dolphins) and starting safety Gibril Wilson (Raiders). (Source)

At least the Jeremy Shockey deal with the Saints fell through, so maybe the Giants can stop some of the bleeding there...

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

At least the Jeremy Shockey deal with the Saints fell through, so maybe the Giants can stop some of the bleeding there...

Let me see if I've got this straight...are you saying that you think Shockey staying on the Giants is a good thing for the Giants? :eek::confused::evil:;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Well the RB musical chairs are set up. It will be interesting to see where everyone lands. Travis Henry, Cedric Benson, Kevin Jones and Shaun Alexander are all out there looking for a home. I imagine injuries will play a part in who goes where. Would you want any of them on your team?

- Rush

Cedric Benson is gonna take a low-pay deal to be someone's backup or half a tandem. He has no choice - he had the chance to be the man in Chi-town on a run-first offense and failed miserably.

Kevin Jones - another projected backup. Never been able to stay healthy enough to be the #1 back even in a tandem situation.

SA - washed up. No one will give him anything more than a one year incentive-loaded mess. He needs to just retire.

Travis Henry is the only legit starting back on that whole list. He got the shaft in Buffalo, walked into a disastrous offense in Tennessee, hopefully a team with a decent line (you listening, Lovey Smith?) can pick him up and get some mileage out of him as the feature back in a power game.

Aw man... :(

LAS VEGAS (TICKER) Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker was found unconscious on the streets of Las Vegas with an orbital fracture on Monday morning, according to the citys Fox affiliate.

Apparently the victim of a robbery, Walker was taken to the Sunrise Medical Centers Trauma unit where he was listed in fair condition, according to television station KVVU-5.

As for exactly how the talented 29-year-old received the injury is unknown, but Walker was seen at nightspot Tryst at the Wynn spraying the crowd with some of the 15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered, according to a report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Cedric Benson is gonna take a low-pay deal to be someone's backup or half a tandem. He has no choice - he had the chance to be the man in Chi-town on a run-first offense and failed miserably.

Kevin Jones - another projected backup. Never been able to stay healthy enough to be the #1 back even in a tandem situation.

SA - washed up. No one will give him anything more than a one year incentive-loaded mess. He needs to just retire.

Travis Henry is the only legit starting back on that whole list. He got the shaft in Buffalo, walked into a disastrous offense in Tennessee, hopefully a team with a decent line (you listening, Lovey Smith?) can pick him up and get some mileage out of him as the feature back in a power game.

Griff, I agree with your assessment.

While Henry could be a legitimate starter in the right situation, I question his durability too.

As a result, I would take Alexander for a year just to see what happens. :cool:

PD

One of the issues with the Javon Walker case was that he was in a night club by many bottles of Dom. Anyone who was at one of these places may have viewed him as target with money, plus he was drinking.

- Rush

Archived