Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can I get all my posts deleted? no text

Yahoo

I thought the P08 was gonna fit the bill at first, but c'mon, no HP filter?!

I'd be interested to see a list of revered polysynths that have HP filters vs ones that don't.

A few that don't: Prophet 5, MemoryMoog, OB-Xa, Chroma...not terrible sounding instruments.... ;)

dB

Sorry, gotta defend the Chroma's honor again. Each of the 16 voice channels has a 2 pole filter that can be switched highpass or lowpass. Normal patches use 2 voice channels, so you have two filters to combine in series or parallel for 4 pole lowpass, 4 pole highpass, 2 pole bandpass, or 2 pole notch!

Moe

---

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shun/unshun/reshun stuff is something I borrowed from my favorite TV show and then I failed in an epic manner when I botched the aforementioned attempt to make those commands into proper HTML format. :D Yoozer properly called me out on this and I would expect nothing less from the forum.

I'm requesting that I be banned along with the original poster. Nothing worse than bad grammar, lackluster Grammar Police deputization and malformed HTML! Ban us, please! :D

Acually, to pile on: could never be valid HTML anyway. Tags in HTML are all pre defined. At best, you were shooting for valid XML. :D

Moe

---

I thought the P08 was gonna fit the bill at first, but c'mon, no HP filter?!

I'd be interested to see a list of revered polysynths that have HP filters vs ones that don't.

A few that don't: Prophet 5, MemoryMoog, OB-Xa, Chroma...not terrible sounding instruments.... ;)

dB

I'm confused. If that's not an HP filter in the Prophet-5, then what is it? Or do you just mean it's tied to the ADSR and doesn't have an open/close slider?

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

The shun/unshun/reshun stuff is something I borrowed from my favorite TV show and then I failed in an epic manner when I botched the aforementioned attempt to make those commands into proper HTML format. :D Yoozer properly called me out on this and I would expect nothing less from the forum.

I'm requesting that I be banned along with the original poster. Nothing worse than bad grammar, lackluster Grammar Police deputization and malformed HTML! Ban us, please! :D

That would be Dwight. I fully support you're use of shun / unshun and thought it was a great reference. That is one of my favorite shows bar none.

Having said that, you should definitely be banned from the forum for life.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

That would be Dwight. I fully support you're use of shun / unshun and thought it was a great reference. That is one of my favorite shows bar none.

Having said that, you should definitely be banned from the forum for life.

Yes! Dwight rules. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

I received one of those "quote of the day" pull-off desk calendar things based on the show. My kids enjoy watching the show with me, so we put the calendar on our kitchen counter and we take turns peeling back the days. It is a big event every day. Today's quote is actually from Dwigt himself: "It's a real shame...but studies show that employees get more information about their company from water-cooler gossip than from official memos. This puts me at a disadvantage beacuse: I bring my own water to work."

We had a moment of awkwardness the other day when one of the kids peeled it back to find a quote from Michael that started out, "Hug it out, bitch." :D

Sorry, gotta defend the Chroma's honor again. Each of the 16 voice channels has a 2 pole filter that can be switched highpass or lowpass. Normal patches use 2 voice channels, so you have two filters to combine in series or parallel for 4 pole lowpass, 4 pole highpass, 2 pole bandpass, or 2 pole notch!

I stand corrected. I should have remembered that as well - I had one for a while. :blush:

I'm confused. If that's not an HP filter in the Prophet-5, then what is it?

To the best of my knowledge, it's a four pole lowpass.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

You're right. I always get those mixed up.

I remember when my brain used to work much better than it does now. I miss that.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Is this the new thread to post Fart jokes?

Do you NEED a new thread to post your Fart jokes, Mr. Forceman.

Funny, that never stopped you before. :laugh:

:snax:

Pull my finger. :sick:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived