Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You don't need lessons to play well

keysplease

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, those posts are from Jan 2. Has Mr. Horne left us for real?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ok all you comedians....

Dave Horne is in the Keyboard Protection Program...or the KPP.

He's on KP duty. :D

Ol' Dave has been providin' Amer'ca with a valuable service that has led to the identification and capture of many "play by ear", keyboard player wannabes....uhh...no pun intended. :D

So join with me and wish a speedy return for Dave Horne.

Thank ya'....

GW :D

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/02/22/bush460.jpg

"Just play!"

Yes, that's right, Randy. :) Add an umlaut to the letter O, and there you have it. :)

Going back to the original topic of the thread: Think of lessons as a way to facilitate your learning process. You need a coach and a guide to help you along the way to make playing easier and more efficiently by doing it the correct way. A qualified professional can help you do just that.

Sixth Stream Studio: http://3s.musicteachershelper.com

www.sixthstreamstudio.vox.com

www.silknsoulband.com

Sonic Bridges (compilation album - Summer 2008 release): www.myspace.com/sonicbridgesmcmp

Oh yeah...did you know that "BOSE" in German....means MAD or CRAZY? ;):D

Randy

There is this one scene in an Austin Powers movie where Dr.Evil plays a Bösendorfer grand piano... I would have never thought that the American film crew would have an eye for such an ingenious joke :D

The Dromb Bopper

Hey Jazzwee, did you sell your S90-ES? Just curious; I don't see it listed on your signature line, like it used to be.

Thanks.

Sorry, skykeys, for abandoning the S90ES fold. I'm digitally axe-less at the moment. Casio/Radio Shack is busted and all I have is the acoustic.

Now I want everyone to sell me on a good axe replacement. :)

I'm a newbie that needs a new Axe. Preferrably under $200 (still no Dave?).

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

I'm digitally axe-less at the moment. Casio/Radio Shack is busted and all I have is the acoustic.

Hey Jazzwee, how did the Radio Shack break?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'm digitally axe-less at the moment. Casio/Radio Shack is busted and all I have is the acoustic.

Hey Jazzwee, how did the Radio Shack break?

He probably plugged it in.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

He!he!

Actually the socket for the pedal broke so know I can't use pedal. I think my kid banged the plug and the plastic broke off.

I have warranty coverage from Radioshack so maybe I can still get it fixed.

This keyboard cost me a good $299! More than my $200 budget. :)

I actually liked this board. I would want to get it fixed.

BTW - I bought my mom a Casio PX700. This is with a wood cabinet layout and bench. $499 from GC. What a deal. It's as good a deal as the Radio Shack/CDP-100 (although not portable). At Sam's or other places, this same keyboard was $799. So they're unloading inventory maybe.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived