Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Unknown Pianist

Starfriend

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it's definitely not a recording. It's so locked with the audio and it seems like i'm hearing the same notes that he/she is playing.

Who do u think it is?

Simple: Several times, he has his hands on the wrong register of the piano.

It sounds like watered down watered down Jordan Rudess. He does those lightning arpeggios but with a little more direction and purpose.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I watched it a couple of times. I think it could very well be live playing. On these Youtube compression videos it's very common for the timing to be off slightly between audo and video. I think that is the reason things aren't synced perfectly.

Or he just recorded some improv/loose composition and mimicked it while playing with the bedsheet. Like Carlo said, it really doesn't matter that much.

Busch.

I definitely think it's Jordan Rudess.

In the video there is a Steinway Model D,

About a year ago when Jordan got that piano he made a little video of himself playing Silent Night off of his Christmas Sky CD. If you've seen that video the room should be a giveaway. Also the wrist angle is pretty low as you can see his right hand through the sheet sometimes.

I definitely think it's Jordan Rudess.

In the video there is a Steinway Model D,

About a year ago when Jordan got that piano he made a little video of himself playing Silent Night off of his Christmas Sky CD. If you've seen that video the room should be a giveaway. Also the wrist angle is pretty low as you can see his right hand through the sheet sometimes.

I agree - there's very few people who could play that well (even with a sheet over their hands!)

Definitely JR.

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

I agree - there's very few people who could play that well (even with a sheet over their hands!)

Are you serious?

:freak:

Any college level piano performance major should be able to hang with that level of 'arpeggio madness'.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived