Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I just quit my job.

daBowsa

daBowsa, way to go man... and your sublime gig is such an easy one. You go dude I know you will have a blast since you have worked with these guys over the years. Plus you are double dipping getting two paychecks per gig. Smart man....

I'll check your schedule and this time maybe I'll get to buy you a beer.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben, I'm proud of you and also a little bit jealous. This gig you have sounds like my long-time touring band that I did from 1988-1997 in terms of the volume of gigs and venues. I cannot imagine how you can do it with wife and kids on the road. I'm well past that, with kids nearing middle school age. Maybe I'll have a touring resurgence in my 40s.

Enjoy the ride and keep us posted! I will definitely try to come check you out when you're in VA.

Fired my boss six months ago.

I love this line. :cool:

I'm sure you had no problem convincing the dog or the kids, but selling this to the wife is impressive.

While it is impressive, I suspect he handled his business first. Afterwards, selling wife on something like this is much easier. Furthermore, I suspect--just to stoke the flames a little--that fewer husbands would have gone along with this if the situation were reversed.

go man go!

it's just as valid as a stockbroker or a carpenter or a freakin school teacher especially if you teach also in between the road! Don't let anyone tell you it isn't a valid way to make a living.

I did it for almost 2 years when the economy down-turned after 2001. Emancipating experience. I had alot of students (20) and 3 bands I was working with. Wife had the health insurance!

good luck!

lb

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Don't let anyone tell you it isn't a valid way to make a living.

You've already got the skills to foot the bills, so just let the talkers keep on talking.

A few years ago a person I knew, who had a bad habit of boldly asking ignorant questions, butted in on a conversation I was having with someone else on music, and asked, "Are you any good?" I told her, instead of explaining how good I am, that I'll do my talking with my instruments.

My point is that your daily provisions for yourself and family suffices to demonstrate the validity of your new livelihood. :D

the economy down-turned after 2001.

Sigh. . . . I'm glad that period passed.

Wife had the health insurance!

Great teamwork! :D

Archived