Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Elvis passes away

ITGITC

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he was abducted by aliens? :confused:

:snax:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

56 years since the passing of Arnold Schoenberg.

(OT, if anything ever was.)

I meant to the day. ;)

Okay... Babe Ruth (1948), Bela Lugosi ('56), and... way more OT than Schoenberg:

Shamu the Whale, 1991 (died of respiratory failure at the ripe old age of 16).

:(

I played with one out of my hometown of St. Louis for almost the entire year of 78'. I used that gig to get the dough to move to LA in 79'.....Talk about DUES!

The backup band was made up of very good players out of St. Louis.

They gave us an opening mini-set for the King and we went to town.

"The Great Stream" Pat Martino

"Fly With the Wind" McCoy Tyner

"Blue Rondo Ala Turk" Dave Brubeck

"Spain" Chick Corea

We were actually well received at one of our house gigs at Astroworld in Houston. However, when we played in Freehold, NJ at the 6 Flags, people looked at us like we were from Pluto.

Management asked if we could play more appropriate music to open...so we said sure.....we played Johnny B. Goode and followed it up with Scrapple from the Apple...hahaha!

Of course, I was looked upon as the instigator of this evil music and all around jazz troublemaker, so I was fired first.

A reputation that I still enjoy to this day.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

56 years since the passing of Arnold Schoenberg.

(OT, if anything ever was.)

I meant to the day. ;)

Okay... Babe Ruth (1948), Bela Lugosi ('56), and... way more OT than Schoenberg:

Shamu the Whale, 1991 (died of respiratory failure at the ripe old age of 16).

:(

So you're saying Shamu the Whale is OT from Elvis.

Okay... :)

(I admit that was really uncalled for. Am I banned yet?)

Yeah...still have the burn marks to show.

Yanked off the stage right in the middle of my solo on Scrapple....or was that Love Me Tender???....Can't remember for sure...early jazzheimers.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

Elvis is NOT dead... actually I say him yesterday
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

We talked about many things... but I am not authorized to give any details.
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

My lips are sealed... so don't insist, please.

OK... maybe I will disclose something when Rolling Stone will interview me... HE said they will...

I saw the thread title and thought, "wow, someone has revived a really old thread." :D

I think it's kind of odd that there seems to be more 'memorials' on the day of his death than the date of his birth. I know this year is the 30th anniversary of his death, so that has some numerical "significance," but still.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hey, I'm the hijacker here.

Thanks forceman. Your OT is probably more valid than the entire thread.

I dunno. I kinda liked finding out that Shamu is still alive and kicking... er, flipping. :snax:

http://www.officialticketcenter.com/atart/sea%20world%20shamu.gif

Not to take away from Steve being booted outta the military... honorably, of course. :thu:

Know what?... I'll bet when Steve was in the service, eating rations and getting constipated, his fellow airmen would wish him well when they saw him head for the bathroom. They'd say something like, [font:Comic Sans MS]"May the Force Be Wit Ya." [/font]or something. :D

:sick:

Sorry Steve. It won't happen again. Don't kill me.

:cry:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived