Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo

mdrs

Well, I saw the Doobie Bros, just the other night-

When I purchased the tickets, the operator informed me that camcorders were not allowed, however, regular camera's were ok-even flashes were ok.

The Doobie bros were more than accommodating to taking live shot pics- when they were near the front of the stage, and they saw someone taking pics, they would actually go into the "rock star" poses, and look directly at the camera for you! It's refreshing to see people that are happy to share the concert experience with you. I once did a show with Bo Diddly- he actually stopped the show because he thought someone was recording him from the press booth, because he saw a red light on up there- turned out to be the led on the booths motion detector alarm system! What a jerk he was!

BTW it was a GREAT show- they all seemed to be having so much fun on stage, and they were tight!

"Who's gonna teach the children about Chuck Berry?"

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, well, well. Where do I start?? You can review the story of what happened to me on the night of the Benatar show, where I had the photocard from my camera confiscated, in spite of the fact that I was using the camera with permission obtained prior to the show, by going here;

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1793546/page/1/fpart/2

So, almost two months to the day since the show, and I recieve a FedEx at my office. The road manager told me he'd delete the concert pics, and send me my card back. So, he did stick to his word, to his credit. After a long discussion (LOL) with him on the night of the show, I had the distinct impression that he was ordered to "get the film" by Neil Geraldo. I actually felt that the road manager ended up feeling bad about taking the card from me, and only did so "on orders of the boss".

However, I must admit that I've felt unhappy about what "went down" ever since the show. In all honesty, I felt mistreated, perhaps worse. Remember, this confrontation occured in front of about 30 of my employees.

So, I am in possession of the card. Interesting, ain't it??? :snax:

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

I'm with Bill, I wouldn't have handed that guy $4!t. He had absolutely no legal right to demand anything, and you had done absolutely nothing illegal or even contrary to the given stipulations. In fact, I would have demanded that he immediately leave the suite and stay the hell away from everyone in your party.

"SO i guess thaere was no meet & greet for the folks in the VIP lounge"

Well they should have one!....Just imagine how many memory cards they could collect! :)

Meeeem - mooooo - riiiiieeesss.... :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, well, well. Where do I start?? You can review the story of what happened to me on the night of the Benatar show, where I had the photocard from my camera confiscated, in spite of the fact that I was using the camera with permission obtained prior to the show, by going here;

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1793546/page/1/fpart/2

So, almost two months to the day since the show, and I recieve a FedEx at my office. The road manager told me he'd delete the concert pics, and send me my card back. So, he did stick to his word, to his credit. After a long discussion (LOL) with him on the night of the show, I had the distinct impression that he was ordered to "get the film" by Neil Geraldo. I actually felt that the road manager ended up feeling bad about taking the card from me, and only did so "on orders of the boss".

However, I must admit that I've felt unhappy about what "went down" ever since the show. In all honesty, I felt mistreated, perhaps worse. Remember, this confrontation occured in front of about 30 of my employees.

So, I am in possession of the card. Interesting, ain't it??? :snax:

So will it be making a slight detour to Canada, before ending up back in your Camera? ;)

Hey, I'll say it again, be glad it wasn't Zeppelin's management from back in the day. They woulda kicked your a**, broken your camera, and not cared a fig what the band's opinion of pictures being taken was or wasn't. Peter Grant was a ruthless manager, and he didn't allow any pictures, films or recordings of Zeppelin to be made unless they were getting paid for it. Their road manager, Richard Something or other, was constantly on the lookout for that stuff, and he messed up more than a few folks over cameras and recorders, which were all subsequently broken and whatever film or tape involved was destroyed.

Some folks are at least nicer about their egomania that others...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

About Peter Grant "To anyone who crossed Grant he could be foul. For example, in 1977, at a concert in Detroit, he and members of his security team beat close to death a security guard who had shoved Grant's young son, Warren. To others however, those close to him, he was, by all accounts, as caring and loyal a friend as you could find."

Hey, I'll say it again, be glad it wasn't Zeppelin's management from back in the day. They woulda kicked your a**, broken your camera, and not cared a fig what the band's opinion of pictures being taken was or wasn't. Peter Grant was a ruthless manager, and he didn't allow any pictures, films or recordings of Zeppelin to be made unless they were getting paid for it. Their road manager, Richard Something or other, was constantly on the lookout for that stuff, and he messed up more than a few folks over cameras and recorders, which were all subsequently broken and whatever film or tape involved was destroyed.

Some folks are at least nicer about their egomania that others...

Picker,

That's a fun story. But, I think you may be missing the point. Remember, I called the venue, and had permission to take non flash photos. I was again told that non flash photos were O.K. when the camera and the camera case were searched upon my enterance into the venue.

So, we're not talking about the same thing here, as in those Led Zep shows where photography was not permitted.

Neil and Pat have been in this business for a long time. If they don't want their picture taken, they should make this clear with the venue prior to the show. It should be in their contract.

There is no excuse for the way they behaved, and for the way I was treated.

I think there are many ironic aspects to this story. Think of what most of us would do to be in a position where folks wanted to take our picture while we played a live concert!!!! Many here would give a, er, let's say....give a body part!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

• 1 month later...

So, for a final "update". Recovery software is awesome!! :eek::laugh:

The laughable thing about all this is that I will not be doing anything with the photos. I never would have done anything, except for show a couple of them to my staff, that I took to the function.

I probably would have posted some here on the forum, and said some nice things about Pat, and raved about what a good guitarist Neil is.

But, I have no inclination to do either after this!!

Just one last comment;

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/mdrs1/0291.jpg

Don

Not a music concert, but I few years ago my wife and I saw Howie Mandel. A lady approached the stage to take his picture and a security guard intercepted and tried to stop her. Howie stopped the show, and after having some fun with the security guard (who was only doing his job, and actually left smiling), he invited anyone to come down and take his picture. He even posed in some typical screw-ball positions and faces!

He came across as a genuinely nice guy.

Dan

"I hate what I've become, trying to escape who I am..."

Yeah, Neil does not look happy. I jumped back a couple feet just looking at the pic! :laugh:

I just don't understand...

Okay, I have seen Cheap Trick maybe 30 times in concert in different venues - some outdoors, some festivals, sometimes as the headliner, sometimes opening for others like Def Leppard, Aerosmith, or Alice Cooper. The photo policy has varied from venue to venue - okay, any of the times they were the opening act for the bigger aforementioned names - no cameras allowed. If they were the headliner, it varied as to the venue. We must have around 500 pics of these guys and they have actually seen us taking the pics and even pose occasionally for a shot. And we have some quality pics, too. They are only for us and the only place we post concert pics is on the Cheap Trick website. So here is an example of a band with about the same popularity these days as Pat and Neil. (Both acts were headliners on different nights at our annual weeklong Riverbend Festival a couple years back.)

Yeah, I know there ARE people out there making money on illegal pics that they shouldn't - and the artist's reasonings have already been discussed earlier in this thread. But it kinda comes with the territory, does it not?

Reverbnation stuff

More Reverbnation stuff

I feel happy! I feel happy!

Not a music concert, but I few years ago my wife and I saw Howie Mandel. A lady approached the stage to take his picture and a security guard intercepted and tried to stop her. Howie stopped the show, and after having some fun with the security guard (who was only doing his job, and actually left smiling), he invited anyone to come down and take his picture. He even posed in some typical screw-ball positions and faces!

He came across as a genuinely nice guy.

That's really cool! :thu: :thu:

Reverbnation stuff

More Reverbnation stuff

I feel happy! I feel happy!

Good ending to the story.

Yeah....he's giving you that look that says.... "How dare you snap a pic of me, you peon!" :D

Yeah, I've always been a big fan of theirs.

This really bursts my bubble.

I'd love for someone to interview His Highness and confront him with this situation. :D

Good job on the photo recovery. :D

Randy

"Just play!"

I just read this account. What a fartface. He should have more gratitude to his fans than that. I would imagine the guy is LOADED and doesn't need money.

Whatever, he always sounded to me like a guy trying to copy Eddie, but without enough gain.

From that era I really like the guitarist in Foriegner.

Archived