Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo

mdrs

Well, what they did wasn't smart. There was no reason for it. They get no positive payoff. I get no positive outcome. We all lost.

It was just stupid. Plain and simple.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Picker, my man, remember, I was taking photos with permission of the venue.

So, I dont' think I got off easy, by any means. I would not photograph anyone without permission. The photos were not intended for any commercial purpose. Primarily, I would have sent them to my office computer, for my staff to view in rememberance of our office outing.

BTW.....this is the same venue in which I took the Los Lonely Boys photos I posted a few weeks ago.

Los Lonely Boys didn't seem to mind.

It is a shame, but I, as a martial artist would have made them pay dearly to get that card. Or I would have called the police and had them settle it, one thing is I would not have given up the card easily. That is thievery and I would have pressed charges. You know although some of the guys are big, it only takes seven pounds of pressure to break knee joints, and there would have been a lot of healing going on in the Gerardo camp for the next few weeks. Once they put their hands on you (and not until then) they are yours to do with what you wish.

YEEHAW !! Gimmee that thar camera, boy!

Ya'll in big trouble now.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/goosefat/yeehaw.jpg

Umm.. no offense intended Strat :D

Paul

WUDAYAKNOW.. For the first time in my life, I'm wrong again!!

Saw a "Crossroads" a few weeks ago; Pat and Martina McBride. WOW, what a show. Listened to them a lot from '79 - '82. Pat's still got it.

Neil has the chops, but I could tell on Crossroads, he's one smug, cocky SOB.

A lead guitar player, married to Pat Benatar, smug and cocky? Doesn't seem possible.

I saw that "Crossroads." PB utterly kicked MM's butt on MM's own songs and MM loved it.

Too bad you had that experience, though, Don.

After telling a friend in management at the venue about what had transpired, he mentioned that Neil had refused to sign some posters, and he mentioned other "difficulties". He used the word "Diva" when discussing Neil.

I had nothing but total respect for him and her prior to "the incident".

I am still waiting to get my card back. But, not holding my breath.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

Yep, you'd be a great person to work for but, like you, that really would piss me off.

It's almost like after all these years of really admiring that band...especially having seen them kick ass and act super nice, just to have them turn Hollywood, is a major let down.

I guess they finally caved in to the pressure. :(

Randy

It's times like these where Photo Shop comes in real handy...right Neil? :rawk::D

"Just play!"

I'm sorry to hear about that, Don.

Not be antagonistic, but I always ask myself: why do we always expect artists or professionals we admire on their field to also be nice people? From the beginning of the thread some people pointed out how nice they seemed, etc. Does it matter, if the reason we like them is b/c of their music or their playing?

All that aside, I think it was crappy especially since you weren't told this couldn't be done. Bad communication between venue management and artists' management?

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Yes Neil's ego is so huge that now he has to have his name on the marquee with Pat's. I think that's a total joke and I'm sure the average Joe Classic rock fan doesn't even know who he is. She is the brand name, not Neil, even though he was such a huge contributor to her stuff.

John

Yes Neil's ego is so huge that now he has to have his name on the marquee with Pat's... She is the brand name, not Neil, even though he was such a huge contributor to her stuff.

John

Yeah, or she loves him and thinks he should get more credit. God only knows. But their management seem to be poo-heads.

Well, how many times have you seen that type of pop singer making the arrangements herself, etc.? No doubt the whole thing is much as his as it is hers, if not more HIS. I don't see a problem w/ that.

So, the dude's an a-hole, but the fact they have his name on the bill doesn't make him a diva.

He sure sounds like an idiot, though.

My MySpace Space

"SO i guess thaere was no meet & greet for the folks in the VIP lounge"

Well they should have one!....Just imagine how many memory cards they could collect! :)

LMAO!! If we'd had a "meet and greet", I suspect Neil would not have needed a memory card to remember me with.......

They can prohibit photography, and I would not mind at all. They can put who ever they want on their marquee, and I would not mind.

They are not nubies. They should have a clearly defined rule about photography, and I'd think that it's their obligaion to make sure the venue is aware of it. If it's that important to them that they'd man handle me the way they did, you'd think they'd have made sure the venue was in compliance with their "photography rule". The venue clearly told me that non flash photography was permited.

In spite of the venue clearly stating that there was "no flash photography" allowed, there were, in fact, many flashes as the evening went by. Cursiously, nothing was ever said about it. I never used a flash.

So, there is simply no logic to what happened. I believe that someone over reacted and "ordered" the road manager to "get the film". Why would Neil or Pat do this?? The only thing I can think of is that they saw the big telephoto lens, and thought I was a professional photographer. I clearly identified myself to the road manager, and gave him my card. He knew I was not a pro, and that I had no thoughts of selling the photos. The venue's secruity guys know me as well.

So, in the end, it's just a stupid move by Neil or Pat, that benefitted no one. It did upset my staff, and pissed me off. I think that's about all that was actually accomplished.

And, I'm still waiting for my card. The road manager gave me his word he'd delete only photos from that show, then send the card back to me. So, it's been a week. Let's see if he's a man of his word. BTW, I don't really blame him, personally. He was obviously ordered to "get the film".

I'll keep you posted.

Don

ROTLMAO!!! I was wondering if sending their manager a link to this thread, and the sh!tty way Pat 'n' Neil (or their management) came across might not prompt some action. A quick apology or at least fast-tracking the return of the memory card.

But their management site is unfinished and contains a link to a nutrition company(!) and to his eBay auctions (double !)

How mickey mouse is THAT? :sick:

http://www.belchiasso.com/

LOL....yea, Vince. I took note of the state of their web site. I sure don't want any health food from them just now... LOL

I've started to write them either an e mail, or a letter on my practice letterhead, several times. I've decided to give the guy a chance to return the card, as he promised he would. Until then, I'll not contact them. If I don't get the card in another 7 to 10 days, I'll get active.

Don

If I don't get the card in another 7 to 10 days, I'll get active.

Let us know what happens Don. Maybe we could arrange quite a few emails from the forum members, to show our displeasure with how they handled things. I'm sure there is an email for someone who was involved, that we could track down.

I love Vince's idea of sending them a link to this thread as well.

I'm sure there is an email for someone who was involved, that we could track down.

I love Vince's idea of sending them a link to this thread as well.

+1

My MySpace Space

"Sometimes"

There is a higher chance of getting the stuff back if they have simply deleted them, and nobody has written any new files the disk since.

Hey! Great idea Trucks. I have a few programs for file recovery. I bet they'd be able to recover the cards. It would depend if they erase the pictures (which they would have to do, if they were leaving the other pictures in tact), or format the card (In which case it would be almost impossible to get the pics back.)

Archived