Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

King Kamehameha

That's 2 signature-quotable posts right there, somebody better jump on them...

People have been known to starve to death at the local Olive Garden.

I bet they died happy.

I used to like the commercial where the family brought their relative, visiting from Italy, to Olive Garden, and he was thrilled. In real life he'd punch you in the nose or at least put a curse on you.

No doubt. Olive Garden is the Behringer of Italian food.

That deserved a loud "ha!" in the office :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to understand the point of Twitter. I am rarely interested in what I'm doing at any given point in time - let alone anyone else.

So far, the point (for me at least) is to find something new to investigate and head off boredom.

I bet they died happy.

I used to like the commercial where the family brought their relative, visiting from Italy, to Olive Garden, and he was thrilled. In real life he'd punch you in the nose or at least put a curse on you.

Well done.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

I have yet to understand the point of Twitter. I am rarely interested in what I'm doing at any given point in time - let alone anyone else.

So far, the point (for me at least) is to find something new to investigate and head off boredom.

I can dig that logic all day long.

I bet they died happy.

Well done.

Thank you, sir.

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/HPM/FM2063~Family-Guy-Evil-Monkey-Posters.jpg

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Getting old sucks.

My back is still ruined from moving decorative rock over the weekend. My knees hurt too.

I have hair growing out of my ears. The G says if I was a pirate they would call me "Ear Beard" and refers to my chest as "Old Growth Forest".

My eyebrows grow inches over night.

I am developing a spare tire.

I need copious amounts of coffee to get moving in the morning.

The worst is, in the summer I live in tank tops and denim shorts and I fear I look silly.

I would start working out but I'm afraid of what I might strain.

At least I still have all my hair - so far.

Moot, my dear friend. If you start losing your hair, I will loan you some of mine.

The rest you're on your own, I've got everything on the lest save the back.

Despite what the experts say, you can be too out of shape to exercise.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Oh, ya know, I go through this every year. It seems every year it takes a leeeetle bit longer to get back into shape after the winter.

Anyway, I was shopping for a hard case and came across this.

I instantly thought of you flank.

Getting old sucks.

MY wife says, "getting old is not for sissies" . I live on Motrin and each day is a new "Pain Experience"

Rocky :D

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

The Steely Dan cover band had it's debut last night. It went smashingly well. Brew pup/pizza owner guy was pleased, volume levels were well under control (no drummer!) so the, uh, patrons of a certain age could still converse, and the nuance of the music wasn't lost in all the extra dB. Many kind words by the patrons, most of whom stuck around for the duration. A shit eating grin on my face afterwards.

Guitar player #2 ended up singing most of the catalogue, and was wonderful--he can hit those high notes and did so all night. Dunno why he didn't sing much at all at the rehearsals. I was dissapointed with my backing vocals in spite of the success I've had in my practice room and at the other blues gigs/jams. THe Mackie srm150 monitor hasn't arrived yet; hope that will help. When I took things in the octave I could handle, they'd get lost in the mix; when I took it up an octave, it was a mistake. And I couldn't find the harmony I worked so hard on on the lone Tom Petty cover (Mary Jane's Last Dance) until the last chorus. So I'm pleased, but not satisfied.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Right on Pablo!

It's good to be your own worst critic. Makes you think about stuff and try harder next time.

It's like me with music and golf - I know I don't suck but I could do alot better.

I,ve been playing since I was kid. I started carrying my grandfathers clubs when I was 7.

I'm the one on the left.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/CLASS/130-221.jpg