Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If you use multiple keyboards...

K K

Do you all ever have or worry about hand/wrist issues from playing multiple boards?

Playing correctly on one board is hard enough according to the Carpal Tunnel School of Music. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stack 'em and center them... never even considered lining up the notes. I play seated, a nastier issue is getting boards close without covering up controls and knobbage.

Upper boards also cast shadows onto lower controls... does anybody have lighting built into their rig?

[font:Comic Sans MS]Where the hell is SVEN GOLLY? [/font]:mad:

You might want to check with the people posting in the global warming thread. Since our buddy lives in the previously frozen tundra, maybe an ice cap which has melted has rendered our friend sven incommunicado.

Or maybe he has sequestered himself up with a hot chick he met on a gig and is too busy to be posting here these days.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Moonglow, I like that combination. I also use a Kurzweil/Korg combo (K2600XS and Oassys). They're both 88-key keyboards, and I also line them up where everything is aligned and centered about middle C, the lowest A, and highest C. This way they're aligned and parallel.

Do you all ever have or worry about hand/wrist issues from playing multiple boards?

Playing correctly on one board is hard enough according to the Carpal Tunnel School of Music. :D:cool:

I think about it all of the time. I prefer to play on a single keyboard while sitting, and on multiples while standing. Nevertheless, I try to set up my rig so that I can play comfortably whether sitting or standing.

I line up the middle C's. Just started doing it recently - used to line up centers of boards but realized my hand position on the top board at the high end was quite awkward, so now the top board is half an octave further left.

My idea fixe is getting the boards as close as possible together. I am using my top stand arms backwards so those end hooks don't stick out too.

Naw, I have my Micron way off to the right, it's velcroed to the top of the Electro! :)

Works great when I'm playing lead-ish stuff on the Micron. Sucks if I want to do left-hand pads on it, though. I basically can't do that.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

[font:Comic Sans MS]Where the hell is SVEN GOLLY? [/font]:mad:

You might want to check with the people posting in the global warming thread. Since our buddy lives in the previously frozen tundra, maybe an ice cap which has melted has rendered our friend sven incommunicado.

Or maybe he has sequestered himself up with a hot chick he met on a gig and is too busy to be posting here these days.

I was wondering where the long-haired one was as well. Maybe I should take those pics I promised him and PM him. Who knows, maybe Dave Horne p**sed him off again. :grin:

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Archived