Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Smoking in the control room

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TROFF: [b]prohibited[/b][/quote] [quote]Originally posted by DJDM: [b] [quote]Originally posted by tron: [b]PC users are normal average no ambition sheeps and WE need you!!! The society without you would not exist. So go on being..... our food.[/b][/quote] [url=http://www.djdm.com/What/what.html]All accomplished with PCs... We need YOU Tron. :) [/url] [/b][/quote]

[quote]Originally posted by DJDM: [b] [quote]Originally posted by TROFF: [b]prohibited[/b][/quote] [quote]Originally posted by DJDM: [b] [quote]Originally posted by tron: [b]PC users are normal average no ambition sheeps and WE need you!!! The society without you would not exist. So go on being..... our food.[/b][/quote] [url=http://www.djdm.com/What/what.html]All accomplished with PCs... We need YOU Tron. :) [/url] [/b][/quote][/b][/quote]has this omething to do with smoke?? :freak:

:) Features Are Not An Opinion. :)

(John Hope, 2003)

http://johnhope.blogspot.com/

Addresse:

UIPLPPICDSS

Ufficio Internazionale Per La Presa Per Il Culo Dei Sbruffoni Statunitensi

Att. Tua Sorella

Codice Mavapigliatelindomo

Pirla Chi Legge

Sounds like the insurance company has a lawyer trying to weasel out of paying a legitimate claim, they do it to doctors all the time too. They're experts at not paying, or negotiating down a bill/claim/purchase. I think your friend really needs to get a better attorney. Now let's get into the "I have a friend who has a friend who" stories. I had a friend from school who hated smoking, but drank like a fish, and drove like a maniac, but he didn't smoke. He got killed in a head on collision with another car. The other driver got tore up pretty bad, but I think he/she survived. Maybe we should ban all alcohol sales ??

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

[quote]Originally posted by paostby: [b]DJWayne and I agree. My private studio is for adults only. I let musicians do as they please EXCEPT for insults, violence, and vandalism. If the atmosphere isn't to someone's liking, they have alternatives. I won't force my rules on "your" property, so you won't be able to dictate rules on my property. Peace (now [b]I[/b] sound like a hippie!)[/b][/quote]Adults only. Now that's a good policy. I don't want any brats slobbering all over my mics, twisting my knobs, spilling their kool-aid all over MY equipment. My nephews are like Tasmanian Devils, they can cause more damge in two minutes, than I can do in ten years.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

If somebody wants to have their project studio or home studio smoke free, then that's fine. If somebody only gets nonsmoking engineers/producers & clients, then all is good I suppose. There is no way I would pay hundreds of dollars an hour to a major facility if there was a smoking ban. The whole music business is unhealthy to begin with. (24 hour + sessions, etc.). I've always seen the music biz as a kind of sex drugs & rock n roll thing. Kind of hypocritical to ban one particular form for a legal drug (cigs), while allowing other illegal drugs in the control room. Somebody expects me to work my ass off for 24 hours, and I'm not even allowed to light up ? Well fuck that piece of shit PC studio. :D I don't give a shit if they have a 100 + input SSL in there. Dare I say there's far more damaging things in studios than smoke. I've been in studios where the SPL was so high, that this surely did more damage to the people in the control room than somebody with a cig did. Also, idiots with coffee have done far more immediate damage to gear then anybody with a cig ever has. I should open up my own "smoke only" studio, and nonsmokers will be banned from entering. :D

[quote]Originally posted by The Tedster From The Black Lagoon: [b]I somehow KNEW Nursers was on the loose... :D [/b][/quote]:D Yep sorry. I try to bump some of the more interesting threads (in my view). Even some music-related ones!

Archived