Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: My dog died tonight

PBBPaul

I lost my dog Stuka a while back. He was a Samoyed, beautiful dog. He had been with me for 12 years, mostly while I was a bachelor. He put up with all kinds of stuff and always had a smile for me when I came home.

He got the hip dysplacia and at the end I had to carry him in to the vet and put him down and I stayed for the whole thing and held him as he went.

I was a friggen basket case for days.

I am really sorry about your buddy PBB, I know how you feel.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I currently have 11 adults and 6 pups... as a breeder I get teared up whenever someone buys a pup - we get VERY attached to them. Whenever I have to bury one I cry like a baby as they are all my kids.
"well fellas... there's 1 other thing yer gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all them guitars and amps and drums and things. They call it A SONG..."

I lost my buddy of 15 years, my ol' dawg Bubba (Lab/Husky mix) last summer. We got him as a pup when we lived in Alaska.

The years had slowed him down...but he was still a goofy ol' mutt.

Sorry, Paul.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

All dogs go to heaven...where there are no fences, collars, or rabies shots. Plenty of geese and rabbits to chase.

After Bubba died, I think my next door neighbor's dogs moved in and closed the gap...'cuz they're almost like my dogs now.

I currently don't own a dog, but there are four in my life that I dig the heck out of...

Brutus (pit bull-lab mix) and Tuff (Corgi), the next door neighbor's goofy lovable mutts that think they're mine.

Pongo...Derek, Alisha, and Preston's Dalmatian, and...

Melvin, Andrew's girlfriend's Shar-Pei.

They're all great mutts. Brutus and Tuff attack me when I get home. The minute I open the car door they're on me, tails (or butt as in Tuff's case) going a mile a minute, growling and chewing playfully on me. They're like Warner Brothers characters. They leave me pleasantly chewed up and duly drenched in dawg slobber. :rolleyes::D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

All dogs go to heaven...

Wow, can't believe I forgot to post this to Paul

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go

where they went."

Will Rogers, 1897-1935

In looking for this quote, I discovered this wonderful page of anecdotes regarding dogs and heaven.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Great Will Rogers quote, Neil.

Gitfidler.....I've been a bluesman for ever. And, I've always had Labs for pets. SUDDENLY IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!

Thanks for a cool comment.

And, PBBPaul....sorry about your loss. I'll try to post a photo of my lab, Angus (guess who he's named after??? And it ain't a cow...). This is him a year ago. I'll give him a hug (or a swack in the head, and if you know labs you know that that is necessary every now and again!) in honor of your dearly departed.

Don http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4345/angusmay3020057mn.th.jpg' alt='angusmay3020057mn.th.jpg'>

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

I'm sorry for your precious loss. Your dog's picture brought tears to my eyes thinking about my pets that have gone on. They're not like family... They are Family. Be comforted that you and your family are being thought of.
"Got my own world to live in...and I'm not gonna copy you" Jimi Hendrix

Archived