Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum software enhancement request

I mostly love the way the new forum software works, and thanks to those who keep everything running as smoothly as it does.

There is, however, one little thing that I would love to see added if possible. When I come to the forum, all threads that have new posts since my last visit are shown in bold. This makes it brainless to know which threads I don't have to open because there's no new content. There's also the two sub-forums: Garage Sale and Shameless Plugs. Right now those links are never bolded, even if there are new posts within them. The only way to find out is to click on each and see if there are bolded threads. It would be great if the sub-forum links themselves could be bolded if there are new posts so I know if I need to click on them or not.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't see an option in the control panel to toggle that function on and off for the main forum or the sub-forums. :idk:

I can ask Jim about it, but if it's possible it might not happen right away.

dB

No worries, Dave. I figured it would either be something that is configurable, or not. If the latter, well, it's certainly not anything that will keep me from coming back! Thanks for looking into it.

What I look for are the three blue squares on the left of the sub-forum name. It appears when there is a new post, just like the envelope beside new replies to a topic on KC or within each subforum. It's the same system for the general MPN forum homepage, the three squares indicate new posts or replies.

As far as I can tell, in the Replies column, the number of new replies since your last visit are indicated in a parenthesized number hi-lited in red. This appears to be true for KC, Classified and Shameless plugs and for all display themes. Is this not adequate (or have I missed something completely)?

What I look for are the three blue squares on the left of the sub-forum name. It appears when there is a new post, just like the envelope beside new replies to a topic on KC or within each subforum. It's the same system for the general MPN forum homepage, the three squares indicate new posts or replies.

I've never even noticed those until now. Cool.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

The parenthesized number of new replies since you last viewed the thread (when logged in) is pretty good.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments