Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

waldorf blofeld

lsj

need an opinion and some info here. presently I own deepmind, poly d, minilogue xd, modx, and a lot of software instruments namely arturia 7, komplete 12, etc., so I do have a lot of bases covered. was wondering if adding waldorf blofeld will be a good addition for me. will it be quite different from the gear I have. any other opinions and info anyone would have with regards to the blofeld. I am just doing some home recording and playing. I like laying down tracks and recordings that I play along with my hammond organ. thanx for your advice in advance...........Larry

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked mine alot but I don't play the music I used it for any longer... the sounds are very modern and digital but some of the patches do have almost an analog feel and there are a ton of patches in the unit... I have the desktop module,,,

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

You don"t need it. But you may want it if you perform live. The Blofeld is fun. But it"s really just a digital wave table synth. What makes it cool is a lot of people have done patches for it and you can load your own/additional waveforms. So it can cover some unique sounds in a pinch. Sort of like the Sample Synth on an Electro.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I recall Blofeld keyboard version also has quite good Fatar keybed with aftertouch. It can serve as a good simplistic control keyboard.

Jyrki

Nord Stage 3 88, Prophet 6, Moog Voyager OS, Moog Little Phatty TE, Crumar Mojo Classic Suitacase, Kawai US-50 upright, Beltuna Studio 3 and Fantini cassotto accordions