Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond B3 Mk-2 once played by Booker T for sale on Reverb

Hammond B3 Mk 2-Organ with Leslie Speaker and Bench New

This is a store demo model once played by Booker T. Is this how expensive these full blown digital recreations are? I thought the other forum members would find this interesting! An authorized Hammond organ dealer has listed this instrument on Reberb.

hammond B3 Mk-2-Organ with Leslie Speaker and Bench New

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Booker T was in the store once, sat down and played the organ for a bit and had his picture taken and signed the manual. I wonder if the store is going to share any of the proceeds of this sale with him, since they're trading on his name & reputation to sell it. I suppose musical instrument dealers need all the help they can get, and I note the price isn't much out of line with what an anonymous new B3 MkII sells for. Not being a Hammond-phile, I wonder if these digital Mk2s are much sought out by the cognoscenti. Seems to me a used tonewheel Hammond that's been properly maintained and restored would still set you back less than one of these â or am I wrong there?

Booker lives up the block, maybe I should have him play my Mojo 61 a little and take a picture?

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

This reminds me of when I'd been in Muscle Shoals a while and started to get known. Pretty soon I was getting booked on sessions all over the SouthEast, Birmingham, & Homewood, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Tupelo, Lookout Mountain, Ft. Payne. Literally every studio I went in, they would point to a Hammond and tell me "that used to be Greg Alman's organ". :/