Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

In Search of Bossa Nova drum and percussion loops

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twiddly.BITS. Several of their libraries cover that material, and all are by top players, using very sensitive specialized controllers that don't lost ghost notes and retain all nuances. Find them at Keyfax's website or MOTIF Mart.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Band in a Box has literally hundreds of latin percussion and drums Real Tracks. These are not midi, they're studio recordings using world class players of phrases from two bars to 6 bars long. This is a demo page using the 2019 latest ones by Alex Acuna and Ramone Stagnaro:

Band in a Box 2019 Real Tracks

Scroll down a bit until you see Real Tracks Set 302 A Taste of Brazil. If you want to hear more examples they've been producing Salsa, Songo, Samba, Bossa and more latin RT's for the last 6 or 7 years. Just search the site for more demos.

I'm not doing a sales job for Biab I'll just say it can do way more than most people think.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Have you looked at YouTube?

On a lark one time, when I was away from my trusty 80's vintage Yamaha RX-15, I searched YouTube for a drum beat (I think I simply searched on "Latin"), and I was able to plug my phone earphone output into a mixer input channel and use it as a "pseudo drum machine".

Lou