Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2021-2022 Thread

With the recent 2020-2021 NBA season in the books, NBA Finals players Devin Booker, Khris Middleton and Jrue Holiday wasted no time flying to Tokyo to play in the Olympics. They have less than 24-hours after arriving before playing in the scheduled Olympic opener against France:

Trio of NBA Finals players finally arrives at Tokyo Olympics

Congratulations again to the Milwaukee Bucks for winning their first championship in 50 years. :cool:

More news:

New Orleans Pelicans officially name Willie Green as next head coach

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

You can't believe how happy I am about Wizards trading away Westbrook. Been a Wiz fan forever and while he was fun to watch, we were going nowhere with him and his HUGE contract. Now we are free from both John Wall albatross contract and Westbrooks. Hopefully we can rebuild with more cap space and put some pieces around Bradley Beal.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really sure how I feel about the Lakers having Westbrook. He says all the right things.

On the one hand, he always plays super hard. It's rare to see someone play THAT hard. But on the other, he seems to be a human stat machine, but teams don't seem to truly progress with him. But....he says all the right things, so who knows. The Lakers are a bit old, but they have a decent amount of talent, so barring injuries (which are unfortunately probably more likely with the older roster), so they could make a deep run.

Been away from the forum for a while unfortunately. Been working super hard at teaching remotely for the past five and a half yea-, er, uh, since the pandemic hit.

Been away from the forum for a while unfortunately. Been working super hard at teaching remotely for the past five and a half yea-, er, uh, since the pandemic hit.

Welcome back, Ken! I'm glad you're able to stop in now. I'm sure your students were lucky to have you working so hard on their behalves. :thu:

The Lakers are a bit old, but they have a decent amount of talent, so barring injuries (which are unfortunately probably more likely with the older roster), so they could make a deep run.

...And the oldies keep on coming:

Lakers Sign Carmelo Anthony

Best,

Geoff

You can't believe how happy I am about Wizards trading away Westbrook. Been a Wiz fan forever and while he was fun to watch, we were going nowhere with him and his HUGE contract. Now we are free from both John Wall albatross contract and Westbrooks. Hopefully we can rebuild with more cap space and put some pieces around Bradley Beal.

Wizards fan here. I'm looking forward to them building around Bradley Beal too. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Welcome back, Ken! I'm glad you're able to stop in now. I'm sure your students were lucky to have you working so hard on their behalves. :thu:

The Lakers are a bit old, but they have a decent amount of talent, so barring injuries (which are unfortunately probably more likely with the older roster), so they could make a deep run.

...And the oldies keep on coming:

Lakers Sign Carmelo Anthony

Best,

Geoff

Thanks. I love my students.

I get what the Lakers are trying to do, but it's at the expense of their defense, and the changes last year were also at the expense of their defense. They do need to have shooters and shotmakers, but the defense is not all that great, and they're a little old. Veterans, yeah, great, but they somehow need to stay healthy for a whole season, and that seems to be challenging.

I am happy to see Ariza back. He was one of my favorite Lakers, along with Derek Fisher.

I'd also like to see AD stay healthy. Maybe some sort of change in approach and workout regimen?

He would have to do that. He's definitely not a starter any more. They're undoubtedly looking for bench scoring and spreading the floor for frees.

Should be interesting to see how all those shooters coexist on the Lakers...but they don't really have much focus on D, as far as I can tell... :idk:

dB

Very little so far. Trevor Ariza could play D....ten years ago....

They need to shore up the defense if they're gonna get anywhere, especially perimeter defense.

• 3 months later...

The Rockets are the first team in NBA history to have a four-game winning streak immediately after a 15+ game losing streak, so there's that. :snax::D

In all seriousness, I knew this was a good team, they just needed to learn how to win. Hopefully they can keep it up.

"Jae'Sean Tate (32 PTS, 10 REB, 7 AST, 5 BLK) joins Hakeem Olajuwon as the only @HoustonRockets players to record 30+ points 10+ rebounds 5+ assists and 5+ blocks in a game."

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Yay Dubs!

Admittedly, this was a regular season tussle with a banged up Suns, while we have a few key sidelined as well. Entertaining nonetheless.

Here on the left coast, we're patiently waiting for Klay's return, as well as Iggy. We hope the best for Wiseman's contribution when he returns as well.

Hoping all the pieces fall together and gel by the time it matters for a run for the playoffs and maybe a chance for another chip.

Now that the Suns' win streak is over, the Rockets have the longest active win streak at five games. :D

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 months later...

I don't mean to bash on The Beard especially after all he did for H-town, but at the moment I think the Nets got the better end of that deal. Only if Harden gets and stays healthy will the Sixers have anything from this. 

It's been weird to see as Harden barely missed a game while he was a Rocket. He seemed indestructible. He'd take hard hits and falls and be right back in it. Then he goes to the Nets (by his choice/demand) and they don't even get a season's worth of games from him. So the question is, was he unlucky, was he unhappy, or is he done? :idk:

So many questions, right?

How will Harden mesh with Embiid? When will Simmons play, and will today's Simmons complement Durant and a part-time Irving? When will we see that trio on the court at the same time?

Are the Lakers an unrecoverable dumpster fire, or will some magic wand appear and set their ship aright? 

When will Draymond get back healthy?

Okay, that last one is mine.

On 2/10/2022 at 11:06 PM, timwat said:

Are the Lakers an unrecoverable dumpster fire, or will some magic wand appear and set their ship aright? 

Yes and no, respectively.

Russell Westbrook.  Seriously…what were they thinking? 🙄🤦‍♂️

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

interesting to see the odds havent really changed with all the trade deadline stuff and how are the nets still up there on sportsbetting3.com? they dont even have harden and they have silly simmons and injured KD. also how can they pick up wins with kyrie only playing half the games. done.

In the meantime, the Phoenix Suns continue to have the best record in the league.

It was a long drought between the Steve Nash/Amar'e Stoudemire days and the current Chris Paul/Devin Booker squad. I’m so glad that they have a good shot again this year. :thu:

Best,

Geoff