Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Matt Johnson Prophet 6 new OS Demo

If you're not following following Matt Johnson's keyboard channel on youtube, you're missing out. Not only is he an incredible player, but he has impeccable taste in tone and posts great tutorials. His new video is a demo of the new OS for the Prophet 6 and a promo for a patch package he released, if you own one it's essential viewing. Even if you don't, like me, it's still a lot of ear candy.

[video:youtube]

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His channel is amazing (for me, anyways). learned a lot, and he's such an amazingly down to earth, friendly guy sharing some excellent information. Impressive to have this quality of content free.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Is this the Matt Johnson of "The The" fame? A friend of mine (who is also a friend and former co-worker of Dave Bryce), was his guitarist for a few albums. I've heard he's really easy to get along with and fun to work with. Johnny Marr played with him for a while too.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Ah, good to know. J had been wondering for some time about the Mat Johnsons.

Not as confusing as the three famous drummers named Roger Taylor though, or how about the number of famous guitarists named Mick Jones?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Loved it. What is the little drum machine/looper thing he has off to the far right? I could get lost in those kinds of jams.

Elektron Octatrack. Yes, it's quite capable. It can be used for MIDI sequencing external gear, as well as sampling live audio and looping it, and playing samples from CF card. It also has an Arranger mode for arranging and playback of complete songs.

A recent updated added Trig Conditions, which is a way of introducing variations to a drum/sequencer pattern via probability settings.

This video shows a better look at the Octatrack.

[video:youtube]

Loved it. What is the little drum machine/looper thing he has off to the far right? I could get lost in those kinds of jams.

It's an Elektron Octatrack (original version).

Yamaha Montage M6, Nord Stage 4 - 88, Hammond SK-Pro 73, Yamaha YC-73, Mainstage, Yamaha U1 Upright

Love his attitude and chops. Tastey player! Thanks for the share.

He is a very down to earth guy and seems genuine about sharing technique to help other keyboard players improve their chops. He also puts a lot of effort into interacting with comments on his videos for the first few days that they're out.

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

I hope you guys checked out the episode of The Keyboard Chronicles with Matt Johnson. It's where I first heard of him and I've been stalking following him ever since. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI