Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

K&M 18820 stand and stackers

This gets some pretty good reviews, wondering what the minimum distance is between the top of the lower arms and the top of the front end of the upper tier arms, angle at 20 degrees (max), thx ?

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My stand is stock. The tiers won"t get super close but they are usable. One of us modded their"s and got the tiers really close.

I can post some rig pictures of my 3 tier setup later.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I've been considering this Omega Pro system also. They don't give out a lot of the dimensions that you really want to know do they?

The arms on the stacker are 11 inches long. If you call up the pictures of it on the Sweetwater website, they have a profile view that blows up pretty big. I actually held the edge of a piece of paper against the computer screen to make a "ruler" and made some estimations based on that. Probably get you to within an inch of accuracy.

I'm finding that for most of my multi tiered setups, I want the second tier lower and farther away than most stands can adjust. For a lot of my setups I've been using just a second stand behind the first and slightly higher.

The prices on the Omega pro are kinda ridiculous too. 2 tiers will get you into the $400+ range. Add a couple accessories and you can easily be dropping $700-900.

Makes the Gibraltar stands suddenly look affordable.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

That's not the keyboard stand he's asking about. That's the 18880 stand which ironically is one of the same stands I use.

He's asking about the Omega Pro stand https://www.k-m.de/en/products/keyboard-stands/keyboard-tables/18820-table-style-keyboard-stand-omega-pro-black?c=171

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Also, kind of a well kept secret is this: https://www.k-m.de/en/products/keyboard-stands/keyboard-tables/18823-support-arm-xl-black

Basically it's a bigger rail for the bottom stacker.

The stock bottom stacker is kind of shallow if a 3rd tier is added on. It wouldn't fit a lot of keyboards in depth, so they added a deeper arm to accommodate deeper keyboards.

Also, and I may be wrong, it appears to have more holes drilled in it so it might be more adjustable than the stock arm?

My stand arrived yesterday, but my stackers arrive today. Stand is already holding a keyboard. I'll measure when the stackers are in place.

Please post pics! Very interested but no idea how these lower tiers can adjust.

I did the same damn thing ... my stand is the 18880 with 2 sets of stackers. So disregard my post b

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

My stand arrived yesterday, but my stackers arrive today. Stand is already holding a keyboard. I'll measure when the stackers are in place.

Please post pics! Very interested but no idea how these lower tiers can adjust.

FedEx biffed the stacker shipment, so I leaned on the retailer to send out a new set overnight, with the promise that I"ll send the others back if they ever arrive. New delivery date is tomorrow. Will update with pics if it happens.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Based on the PDF Manual for installing the XL arms:

The distance from top of bottom arm, to bottom of top arm is adjustable from 10.3" to 14.75", in 1/2" increments.

Of course if you angle that 2nd tier, the front of the keys will come closer.

ZWkDJ6.png

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu: