Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: I just graduated!!!

Museeip

A few years ago (when I turned 30) I realized I wanted to go back to school and get my degree. It has been three long hard years, but I'm happy to say that Sunday that all ended when I graduated(Magna Cum Laude) with my BS in Industrial Design. Although I am 34 I feel great about just finishing. I just wanted to post this in case any of you might have thought about going back to school, but thought it was too late. It's never too late! :thu:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's way too cool! It proves that a man of will can do what he wants of his life.

:thu::cool:

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Rock, Museeip! Congrats! I was 32 when I graduated with my degree in meteorology from Florida State. I'm 48 now...and toying with the idea of getting an M.P.A. with an emphasis in disaster and emergency preparedness.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Picker:

Congrats, I hope your degree does more for you than mine did for me.

The funny thing is that now that I have it, I most likely will not use it. I'm moving back to Detroit to play in Flagship's band, Gifthorse. Since the job market in Detroit is very poor, especially for design, I might end up swinging a hammer again. :confused: Oh well...got something nice to hang on the wall..haha

Congratulations, Museeip!

Graduating in your early twenties when there's someone to foot the bills is not nearly as hard as doing it in your early thirties when you have to make your own way. I think that's a great accomplishment.

You also now have the satisfaction of knowing you did it. Hopefully it will be useful to you, too. :thu:

Born on the Bayou

Awesome! Congratulations!

I'm 34, In January I begin my journey towards a BA.

It's never too late!

One class a semester will take me nine years to get the BA but I heard this a long time ago.

"Would you rather be 50 without a degree or 50 without a degree?"

Point being it doesn't matter how long it takes. Just do it!

Good job man!! you will never be sorry you worked so hard! no matter what your age it is a great thing to do. Sometimes when you are younger and you stop going to school later in life you might feel like it's unfinished business. Hay and the job market in MoTown might not be as sparce as you think!!

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck:

Good on you Museeip! A degree will not hurt your resume no matter what you do for a living.

I agree! My sister, who has been VERY successful in pharmaceutical sales, is trying to get me to look into sales as well. I know I can be successful in many fields if I apply myself, just not sure if I'd enjoy sales. :confused:

Like Dear Abbey or Ann or one of those twins used to say: In four years you'll be four years older whether you get your degree or not.

Congratulations.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Archived