Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantastic Sound..should play out...

Robman2

Hey,

For those who don't know, our friend Neil, is one heck of a singer and picker...

I'm posting this up to cajole, coerice, confab, confound, confuse and otherwise goad him into getting out a bit more and play...

FWIW

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard Neil sing, but I'd take it for granted that he'd do pretty well. He's got a good ear, and a lot of miles on it (probably even some Miles on it, too).

I have heard a little of his playing via mp3's, and I do think he's definitely got somethin' goin' on there, fersher! :cool:

He hosts a mean image-URL, too! :thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Robman2:

I'm posting this up to cajole, coerice, confab, confound, confuse and otherwise goad...

Don't forget "harass". It ought to fit in between "confab" and "confound".

yes, I know, it's not a "c" word...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

"prod"...?? Er, maybe we better keep that one in the dictionary. :freak:

Despite the fact you promised to push me to perform again, I was a bit surprised to read the title of this thread, Rob. :D

Most of you are unaware I spent last Saturday night at my 20 year, highschool reunion. I think there was one person, of hundreds who attended, that I've actually seen since highschool. I wasn't popular back then and wasn't particularly comfortable with the whole idea, but curiosity got the best of me. I was overwhelmed by how nice everyone is. Many friends from grade school whom I wasn't friends with in highschool were overjoyed to reconnect.

It was just the latest kick in the pants that I need to fulfill my lifelong desire to play gigs regularly. (Something I haven't done in over 10 years. Funny, I moved to a music mecca and spend so much time working behind the scenes that I gave up performing, myself. :freak: )

The good news is I've begun working out arrangements with a friend of mine, another amazing guitar player. He has a few more gigs with Rascal Flatts (as set carp, not guitar) and then we can get down to business. We'll have a month and a half in which to put nose to the grindstone and work up a set and plan how we intend to get out and play. Neither of us are spring chickens, so we don't have illusions of stardom, but would like to make a few bucks playing great songs. (And maybe write a few, too.)

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, Rob and the rest of youse guys. Ted, you have to know I'd be there in a second if I thought I could scratch out a living and keep my wife happy. (She isn't keen on moving any further from her family, north of Chicago, than we are now. But the offer is certainly tempting. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Hey, Vince..

Definitely some Beatles. Jeff plays almost exclusively in DADGAD and has some incredible solo arrangements of Beatles' tunes that have to be heard to be believed. I'm going to try and get some recordings down for rehearsal as we turn those solo arrangements into duets. We've been working on some other stuff, but it'll be the next get together in which we write down which songs we'll use as a repetoire. We played some Jim Croce (I really want to work out Jim's and Maury's parts for those.), some John Denver, some Zep, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd. A lot of seventies stuff, classic rock and otherwise.

Sorry Paul, I was there for Thanksgiving and the reunion, but I didn't know I'd have Friday off and could make the trip until the last minute, so I didn't try contacting you, Pauldil or even Emptyness of Youth, who is probably the closest forumite to my inlaws, with the possible exception of Phaeton. We didn't go to My Honey Company this time, so I wasn't up that way, though.

Actually, I did try to PM eljefe, who hasn't posted since September, because his parents live a half mile from my inlaws. I even printed a map to find them, but never took the time since he didn't respond to the PM. I could see it now...

(Me) Hi! Do you have a son in New York and a daughter in Gurnee?? I don't know your sons name but he goes by eljefe on a music forum bbs.. :freak:

We drove on Thanksgiving, I spent thursday night with my inlaws, Friday was all day 40 min. drive south in Wheeling with my good friend and old bandmate, and Saturday with his family at my older brother's house, nearby. Saturday night was the reunion and Sunday morning we set out for home.

One of these days I'm going to be there for more than a long weekend, and then you'll be sorry. ;):D (Actually, there's an outside chance I'll be up around Christmas for an entire week. I'll let you know.

BTW - I brought a burned CD of the Pontiac Blues Band files you sent on the trip. :thu:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Neil,

Holler at me when you're going to play somewhere. I'm about an hour south of you in Columbia.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

No gigs for me. I'm not a very good guitar player. Working on that though.

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

Sure man, sounds good. Don't get up there much but I'll let you know if I do. Definitely let me know if you're going to play a gig.

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

Mr. B, the Zaolla evening will be sometime in early February, more likely at SIR on a Thursday evening.

I hope to have a set lined up at the Blue Bird by that trip, me and Brannan, Chas Sanford, maybe Ray Kennedy although he's very busy making records for folks.

I'll come see ya'...playin'.

You'd be welcome to sit in then and do n'rignal...

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

Do they have live acts before the races, Ricochet?? ;) (We do here. A company I mix for does production for the shows before the races at the Nashville Superspeedway, but it's all name acts. ;) )

Yeah Rob... I guess I'll have to write a song just to sit in. ;) Something corny, I think. That's really where my mind is. :freak:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Do they have live acts before the races...(We do here. A company I mix for does production for the shows before the races at the Nashville Superspeedway, but it's all name acts.

Is that the speedway shown in the Robert Altman film, "Nashville"?

No, Vince, you're thinking of the Nashville Speedway. It's at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. It still hosts races, but they're purely small time. The track is located a few miles south of my office.

The Superspeedway was built 25 miles outside Nashville just a few years ago. (It takes a 40 mile drive to get there, though. :freak: ) They host an Indy race or two, a NASCAR Craftsman Truck series race and a NASCAR Busch series race, but they've been bucking for a NASCAR Nextel Cup race since before the track was built and when the championship was the Winston Cup. ;)

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

(snip)..Friday was all day 40 min. drive south in Wheeling with my good friend and old bandmate, and Saturday with his family at my older brother's house, nearby. Saturday night was the reunion and Sunday morning we set out for home.

One of these days I'm going to be there for more than a long weekend, and then you'll be sorry. ;):D (Actually, there's an outside chance I'll be up around Christmas for an entire week. I'll let you know.

Dang Neil... I was in the Palatine - Barrington area for 4 days.... one of these times we'll have to connect.

For Thanksgiving, jackpine??? Doh!

I was at the Portillo's Hotdogs on Dundee near the start of Hwy 53 on Friday and Saturday. That couldn't have been but 5 - 10 miles from where you were. :freak:

Is your family out there?

Definitely need to connect, since I don't see myself visiting Luck anytime soon. :D My younger brother lives outside Minneapolis, about 80 miles from you. But we haven't been to Minneapolis since his wedding, 5 years ago. Well.. that's not entirely true. I was on a tour bus headed right past his area in 2001, but it was after 3am when we rolled through. I was awake and came this (pinching fingers together) close to calling him, but we wouldn't have been able to stop anyway so I let him sleep. :D

What were we talking about...?? :confused:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

The Superspeedway was built 25 miles outside Nashville just a few years ago. (It takes a 40 mile drive to get there, though. :freak: ) They host an Indy race or two, a NASCAR Craftsman Truck series race and a NASCAR Busch series race, but they've been bucking for a NASCAR Nextel Cup race since before the track was built and when the championship was the Winston Cup. ;)

Sounds kind of like the Atlanta Motor Speedway. They built it 40 miles south of Atlanta off I-75. So, it's actually closer to Macon than Atlanta (only 75 miles from Atlanta to Macon).

And, I really enjoy your playing, Neil. If you don't record for sale, you should consider it. I'd buy 'em.

Born on the Bayou

PM me if you come up to Nashville. Maybe we can take in lunch. Maybe even with Mudcat, if we ever get that together. What's it been, Mud, a year?? :freak:

At least! :(

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Neil, they may have folks perform a song or two in the prerace show, but if they do it's going to be a top name. Personally, I get everything organized so I don't have to go out when the race crowd's around. I can hear 'em running from where I'm sitting, anyway. I do go out to watch the F-16s fly over.
"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

For a guy stuck in north-western Wisconsin, I'm surprised you put those odds (between the also frozen Chicago suburbs and Arizona) at 50/50!!! :freak:

My wife is missing one day of vacation the week after Christmas, and it's the 26th. So it ain't lookin' good for us right now.

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived