Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday Bonnie

Shoes

It's Bonnie Raitt's birthday and I think she deserves a round of cheer from the forum!

Happy 56th Bonnie !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/pek63/bonnie.jpg

... I kind of like the way she's lookin at me! :D

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Met her once a looooong time ago. I didn't know who she was. Just a cute chick with a pretty face and a killer voice. Not world class famous yet, but I could tell she was on her way if she just hooked up with the right people in the business. Oh yea, and she could pet a guitar or whip it's ass, even back then. She's not only good looking but a real nice person to be around. If I'd only known then where she was headed I would have tryed to stay in touch. Some of us get talented and some just get old. She got talented but only aged like fine wine. Happy Birthday Red
You can lead a horse to water, but you have to drag a jackass.

A class act, and I'm actually surprised that she isn't even more successful than she is!

The middle-finger slide is too funny, though! I recall actually being told by someone that you shouldn't use certain chord-fingerings 'cause someone in a Church might mistakenly think that you were giving the salute. How'd they have liked Bonnie's Bird Under Glass? ;):D:thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

There was a show on one of the movie channels the other night: "Lightning In A Bottle". Lots of different blues legends playing at Radio City Music Hall. Her performance was as good as any in that show. That's really saying something considering the lineup.Not a huge fan, don't have any of her albums but she's always a pleasure to listen to.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

I've always loved Bonnie's style & sound. Her track is one of my favs. on the final Ray Charles album.

Happy Birthday Bonnie!!!

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Happy belated birthday, Bonnie, the Songstress of the Strat!

This might be slightly off topic, but my birthday was Monday and I was having a discussion with some friends in which I expressed the opinion that everyone has the right to milk his or her birthday for up to six days (particularly if the big day falls on a Monday). For instance, I went out after work on Friday and enjoyed myself thoroughly through Tuesday. I believe that life becomes progressively harder the older you get, and work often beats you and your dignity down, so everyone deserves more than one day to celebrate one's existence/worth. Now, if you go more than a week, then it gets a little pathetic (unless you're celebrating a milestone b'day - in that case, milk it for as long as you can)!

What do you guys think?

As mentioned somewhere else, one of my favourite GP issues is May '77 with Bonnie on the cover. Comparing the photo above with the '77 photo, it's proof that this woman travels through time!

I wonder if it's the same guitar in '77? It was a lot newer looking then, if it is the same one.

Btw I was 51 on November 1st, I'm pleased to almost be sharing my birthday with such a talent. Today as I walked with my bike, a very grand looking lady bedecked with WW11 medals (today's Remembrance Day),and most likely well into her 80's, wanted directions and addressed me as 'young man'.I felt like hugging her! :)

Originally posted by Cactus Jim:

Met her once a looooong time ago. I didn't know who she was. Just a cute chick with a pretty face and a killer voice. Not world class famous yet, but I could tell she was on her way if she just hooked up with the right people in the business. Oh yea, and she could pet a guitar or whip it's ass, even back then. She's not only good looking but a real nice person to be around. If I'd only known then where she was headed I would have tryed to stay in touch. Some of us get talented and some just get old. She got talented but only aged like fine wine. Happy Birthday Red

Welcome to the party, Jim! Caevan has been remiss in not greeting you. (he's our official greeter) Probably lost his blue smock or has it in the wash.

Check in at the roll call when you can. And don't be a stranger. :D

Born on the Bayou

Archived