Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brad Paisley

Gifthorse

Musiepp just sent me 2 Brad Paisley solo songs. God that guy is such a god it isn't even funny. Some of the coolest lead work I have heard. Incredible!!

I haven't heard any of his hit stuff but I hear it is kind of poppy young countryish. I doubt I would like it, but I respect the hell out of his playing. He has great tone and his licks are so amazing. I wish all he did were instrumentals

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been listening to BP since his first record came out, and it's a damn shame that it's taken this long for him to be recognized by guitar players outside of the country genre. Shame on you GP editors, he should have been on your cover years ago! :mad:

But hey, I understand that you've been busy with all those "List Issues". :rolleyes:

www.myspace.com/christondre

Time Warp has some incredible solos. I love some of those pedal steel sounding licks. Sounds like he is doing it with a slide. Any input?

I know he could be doing it with just bends too, but one of the licks sounds like a slide or a whammy how it slips into vibrato.

What's his less pop-country CD? I'm really interested in this guy, but I heard one of his songs on the radio and it just wasn't my cup of tea, but it was one of his latest hits, I think "Mud On The Tires".

I had heard that he played different stuff. My boss, a good country/various styles guitarust, used to play these country instrumentals with his former band, he played a CD of those for me and it just blew my mind. Awesome stuff --I heard Paisley also plays that type of stuff... What CD would you recommend?

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

So, flagshipmile, break-out with the links that Musiepp sentcha, willya? We all wanna hear 'em! :cool:

What little of Brad Paisley's playing I've heard, has shown him to be quite a seasoned, accomplished player, and a real tone-fiend, to boot.

Doesn't he play and endorse Dr Z amps?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by flagshipmile:

Time Warp has some incredible solos. I love some of those pedal steel sounding licks. Sounds like he is doing it with a slide. Any input?

That is a pedal steel playing in that song. Not so sure about the B-bender's. He's on the cover of the Sept. Guitar One mag with a nice interview. He never mentions anything about useing a b-bender, and in the picture of his guitars you can't see one(although it is a bad angle). :cool:

Originally posted by Museeip:

That is a pedal steel playing in that song. Not so sure about the B-bender's. He's on the cover of the Sept. Guitar One mag with a nice interview. He never mentions anything about useing a b-bender, and in the picture of his guitars you can't see one(although it is a bad angle). :cool:
Not sure about Time Warp, but he used B and G benders quite a bit on his first 2 records, not so much anymore though...

Yeah it does sound alot like Pedal Steel. I didn't know he had one in his band. Now so many guys can emulate it with B bender or just with thier fingers (jerry donahue). I don't know what to think. But it does sound like Pedal steel.

Brad Paisley is the kind of shredder I love to hear!! Great tone too. Dr. Z is awesome. I wish I could afford a Mini Z!

You can also talk directly to Zac Childs (his tech and studio guy for like a decade) and Zac also writes the "Ask Zac" column for Vintage guitar magazine.

http://drzamplifiers.proboards41.com

go to "ask Zac" column.

Lots of Z info here too.

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

Originally posted by Museeip:

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Well?

Can you provide us with 'em?

I'm not to computer savy as far as posting songs, but Ill gladly share some songs if someone can explain to me how I can do this.
Would someone please explain this, I'd like to know too. :confused:

Is his real name Brad Paisley?

Yes .... that is his actual real name.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

...and his wife is pretty hot also

www.kimberlywilliams-paisley

:thu:

Geezer ....

I went to reply to this and accidently edited YOUR post. I removed what I wrote and put it here:

At Brad's Christmas show last December at the Kodak Theater, Kimberly was on stage off to one side watching Brad at the show. She was really terrific to everybody working and is a very classy lady. I think the pictures on the link you have don't do her justice. I think in a staged setting such as a photoshoot you do not get an accurate picture of a person. Heck ... give some makeup folks and hair folks enough time on me and I can look like Brad Pitt or Harrison Ford or anybody in between.

In the case of Kimberly Williams-Paisley, she is nice, sharp, warm, sincere and just carries herself in a very refined way. I think she and Brad may be one of those magic couples that happen once in a lifetime if you are lucky to beat huge odds. Lord knows ... in my case being married three times (so far) it has not worked out all that well for me.

They are both pretty terrific folks. She also has to have a great sense of humor to live with Brad! That is also something a plus in my book too.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Originally posted by myles111:

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

...and his wife is pretty hot also

www.kimberlywilliams-paisley

:thu:

Geezer ....

I went to reply to this and accidently edited YOUR post. I removed what I wrote and put it here:

At Brad's Christmas show last December at the Kodak Theater, Kimberly was on stage off to one side watching Brad at the show. She was really terrific to everybody working and is a very classy lady. I think the pictures on the link you have don't do her justice. I think in a staged setting such as a photoshoot you do not get an accurate picture of a person. Heck ... give some makeup folks and hair folks enough time on me and I can look like Brad Pitt or Harrison Ford or anybody in between.

In the case of Kimberly Williams-Paisley, she is nice, sharp, warm, sincere and just carries herself in a very refined way. I think she and Brad may be one of those magic couples that happen once in a lifetime if you are lucky to beat huge odds. Lord knows ... in my case being married three times (so far) it has not worked out all that well for me.

They are both pretty terrific folks. She also has to have a great sense of humor to live with Brad! That is also something a plus in my book too.

See what happens guys..I KNEW I should have married her when she asked me ...now Brads got her dammit!!! :D:thu:

Archived