Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hello again!

Shannon

:wave: Hi everybody! Some of you probably remember me. It's been a long time since I've been here. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I've thought of you guys often but I don't have regular access to a computer anymore. A lot has happened to me... A LOT. The best thing is that I got married. :D Suffice to say I've been very preoccupied. My guitar and I have become strangers but I'm starting to have more time to get reacquainted, which I'm really looking forward to. Well, it might be a little while before I get to check back in but I'll be back as soon as i can. In the meanwhile I'd love it if anybody wants to update me on what I've missed and introduce themselves if they've joined since I've been gone. It's great to talk to you guys again. I hope you'll tell me what you've been up to.

Be back soon.

Shannon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, i know it has been a while since you have been here, but the marriage has caught me off guard. congratulations Shannon.

we have wondered about you. i am glad to hear you are doing OK.

there are a lot of new faces here and in some ways the forum is still the same old "pub" it has always been. welcome back.

Yeah it was a quick decision, but I'm confident that it was a good one. I saw him for the first time in mid-november when he started working at my part-time job. I stared at him for two weeks and on December 3, I ambushed him after work and we had our first date. We got married on May 3. I'm happy. Everything has been a whirlwind for months. I start a new job tomorrow and my 21st birthday is thursday. Everyday is an adventure.

In that Popeye mumbling voice, "well blow me down, I never woulda thought Brutus woulda done somethin't like that, marryin' up in that short time, mumbles under breath...."

Congrats Shannon. Glad to see you around, if only for a moment. Check back in now and again and you could even introduce the hubby to this motley crew, unless we embarass you... :wave:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by Shannon:

Yeah it was a quick decision, but I'm confident that it was a good one. I saw him for the first time in mid-november when he started working at my part-time job. I stared at him for two weeks and on December 3, I ambushed him after work and we had our first date. We got married on May 3. I'm happy. Everything has been a whirlwind for months. I start a new job tomorrow and my 21st birthday is thursday. Everyday is an adventure.

Sweet! Good luck. You should have some great ideas for a song or two. :D

Congratulations, Shannon!

My wife and I fell for each other right off pretty much like that. She locked her keys in her car, and I broke into it for her. She let a friend of mine know she'd like me to ask her out, and I did. She went to see "Gone With The Wind" with me when she'd just done that the night before! I didn't call her back quick enough, so she told me she was having trouble with her chemistry and needed help studying. Asked me to help her balance the equation "Na + S -> ?" Then said, "Oh, now I understand!" and put the books away. Called me up the next day to thank me for helping her, she'd made 100 on her chemistry test! We dated for a while, were separated for a year and a half, got back together and got married pretty quickly. 27 years ago next month. Hope y'all hang in there and have a great life together!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Wow! Great to see you back!

So you got married? That's such good news! My wife and I were married after only five months. We've been together for eight years now and still have a fantastic relationship. I think that once you find the right person, you know it.

I wish you all the best as you head down this new road and I hope you'll try to stop by as often as you can!

Shannon, great to hear from you again. It's great that you go hitched. Keep it together. It's worth it.

Word to the wise - don't put down the guitar. Life will go by fast. You will want those guitar skills later in life, expecially when the kiddies move out.

Happy thoughts to you and your new beau! :thu:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Mazel Tov! Sounds like you're very happy. It's great to hear from you, too.

On the other hand, I notice it's all the married guys who are responding to this thread. I think maybe you broke some hearts with the single guys. ;)

So, bring us up to speed. Are you still living in the same place? I seem to remember you were planning a move. :confused:

Hope married life is all you imagine it to be and more! :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Shannon

Congrats.

Marriage is really great at times .... I guess I think it's good enough to have done it three times so far.

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

Archived