Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

halloween

Gifthorse

I love playing a gig on Halloween. Last time one fell on a Friday I slung this bigass phallic shaped sweet potato below my belt, rigged so it stuck out, and played the gig as a Dick Tater!
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's post some pics of are kids dressed up in their costumes!

Here's my son last week, getting ready for Halloween by dragging out one of his old costumes...

This year he is a Power ranger.

My son and daughter, cat Milo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/blu2200/IMG_8369.jpg

Scary! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/blu2200/IMG_8364.jpg

One year I had a bowl of bubble gum that I was handing out. I had to make a quick run to the store and left it on the front porch. I was gone for maybe 10 minutes. When I got back the bowl was empty and there was a trail of bubble gum down the sidewalk to the street, obviously the few that the kid dropped as he was running away in laughter.

I couldn't do anything but laugh though, Halloween was the one day as a kid when my brother and I could get away with being delinquents, even if it was nothing worse than throwing eggs at houses that didn't give out candy.

I always hated when old people gave out pennies. Caramel apples were the best treat you could get. Now it seems most folks aren't trusting enough to do it the way we used to do it in the early 80's.

Originally posted by flagshippyre:

Personally, whenever I got an apple for halloween I would throw that bad boy about as far as I could.

I liked apples better than pennies or pencils! Of course if you knew what was good for you, running to the lady's house that put out the huge box full of candy with a sign asking you to "only take ONE please" was the first order for the night.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/museeip/dick.jpg[/img]

this was my costume lst year. His name is Dick Flanagin from Chicago. He's a private eye, tennis instructor and a semi-professional patty caker. All the ladies loved Dick...Oh can I say that? :wave:

Halloween is the best-planning on costuming it this year, if I don`t chicken out.

The whole `devils`s night`/arson thing is totally obnoxious, glad I didn`t grow up around that. I did do some minor vandalism but the world can do without firebugs.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I have to say, where I come from in Scotland, 'Trick or Treat' is looked on as a juvenile form of extortion. :cry:

When I was a kid, we did all the dressing up and going around thing, but we had to EARN our goodies. :P

We all had a 'Party Piece'. It could be a song, poem, dance, monologue, etc., but the (moral) point was that you had to do something to EARN your goodies - not make threats. :rolleyes:

I would have thought that in the land of Free Enterprise that this would have been a healthy life lesson.

:D

(Don't be too heavy on this, Guys, it's an observation on different cultures - and everyone, both sides of the Atlantic, has fun. Maybe someone should try the concept!)

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by Museeip:

Originally posted by flagshippyre:

Personally, whenever I got an apple for halloween I would throw that bad boy about as far as I could.

I liked apples better than pennies or pencils! Of course if you knew what was good for you, running to the lady's house that put out the huge box full of candy with a sign asking you to "only take ONE please" was the first order for the night.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/museeip/dick.jpg[/img]

this was my costume lst year. His name is Dick Flanagin from Chicago. He's a private eye, tennis instructor and a semi-professional patty caker. All the ladies loved Dick...Oh can I say that? :wave:

Were you wearing hardys shoes?Cuz you know women

love men with hardys on.

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Halloween is my Mom's birthday, so it's always been special....

My wife and I started dating after being at a Halloween party ( we had known each other for a while)....

Around my 40th birthday, my wife took me to a Halloween party that turned out to be a surprise party for me.

I was Angus Young at a High school dance air-guitar contest when I was about 14 or 15... someone actually didn't recognize me and thought it was some kind of AC/DC promotional appearance...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived