Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IT'S HERE!!! My very first electric!!!

mdlestat

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to my new best friend:

http://home.ec.rr.com/mdlestat/Gabrielle%203.jpg

She's a Fender Mexican Standard "Fat Strat", loaded with class. And ALL MINE!!!

I'm so excited, I could....play till my fingers fall off!!! And I shall!!! :D (It'll sound a lot better when I get an amp, though, hehe)

I just had to share this special moment with my new-found forum friends :cool:

<<<<>>>>

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

--Aristotle

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Compact Bush:

MIM Strat, I'm certain it's the way to begin in the guitar world!

Congrats!

The first Fender I bought brand new was my MIM Strat. I've had it for 12 years and have customized it so much that the only original parts remaining are the body and jack-plate. Out of the box, it was a great player. This is a great guitar to grow with you. Enjoy!

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

Thank you everyone, for all the kind words:)

As many here may have noticed, I have been hounding you all with questions over the last few weeks about this decision--asking all sorts of newbie-grade things..

Well-- I chose this guitar as my first because of all the great advice I've gotten from you all directly, and even more-so indirectly by searching through the (literally)hundreds of GREAT posts that have been made on this forum in my many searches. (I am confident that it will serve my goal of having a wide variety of sounds to work with)

I should have my first "amp" in a few days--- a Guitar Port. I really liked the fact that you can do so much with it--and I'm on this computer SOOO much anyway that it seemed to fit.

But I also have a Roland Cube 15 en route-- since they are both relatively inexpensive (~$99 each), and both come pretty highly recommended here throughout various posts for their respective qualities and price, I think I'll be well suited between them for some time into the learning process...

I want so badly to learn how to play well--- thanks to Phait, who directed me to this absolutely incredible place, I now know 1000% more about guitars than I did a short month ago, I have my first electric guitar (to go with my acoustic), I know the difference between a humbucker and a single-coil, I have gotten myself a teacher and am taking lessons, and am absolutely thrilled to be here!!

Thanks again-- what a great ride this is!

Matt

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

--Aristotle

Originally posted by Herman Tedster:

She's a beaut, and she'll love it when you show her who's boss... ;):thu:

Yeah, spank the plank! :thu:

Matt, I think you made a very wise and versatile choice. And I really like that color. :cool: Good call on your amp selections too. Congratulations to you - may you enjoy many happy years of musical exploration and enjoyment together. :thu:

Congrat's!!!! I know just how you feel. I saved forever to get my first electric and it was an American Standard Lonestart Strat. I remember how I felt when I went into the store and realized "IT WAS MINE"! I had to play for almost four months until I could get an amp, but it was still great. *A word of personal advice: I altered my Strat a couple years later with a different set of pickups and then I altered it again (more pickups) and I'm sorry that I did. I am about to put it back 'STOCK' like when I bought it. Enjoy!

Congrats, beautiful guitar you got there...I'm sure BlueStrat will approve! Kudos to you also for siggning up for lessons, the best advice I've gotten from this forum myself. Have fun and stay in touch.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Thanks guys-- my amps should be here this weekend, so I'll be sure to let you know how this thing sounds through each of them once I wear out my fingers again, hehe.

--Aristotle

Hehe-- as big of a Nirvana fan as I am,(that's the color I associate with Cobain's git) the color is actually Blue Agave--

Here\'s the Fender color chart-- but the color looks more metallic in person... and in the pic I have here than it does "as advertised"... I really like it a lot-- though I can see some "vintage" white replacement guards and knobs someday---

--Aristotle

• 1 month later...

Hey man, sorry I didn't catch this. I don't hang around the guitar forum too much because I never have guitar-related questions.

I know everything.* ;)

Anyway, glad to see you got one! Now just wait till you get all antsy about it going vintage - me, I can't wait. I have like 30 more years though :D

* Right.

Congrats, mdlestrat! Looks like a beaut. :thu:

Threre's nothing like the feeling when you get your first electric. I remember mine (in fact, I still have her - though I haven't played it in years... :rolleyes: ). It was a cheap (and I mean cheap) Harmony strat-copy-sorta-thing. I almost never put it down.

You're gonna have a blast with your new baby. Especially once you get your amp(s).

:thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived