Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I like Jack Daniels

Shannon

I feel pretty shamefull myself. It's 10.30am here and I'm drinkin' bourbon! :freak:

Funny, I did have a tipple last night. We brought a huge bottle back from Amsterdam in June, it received its last rights, last night.

Helped to loosen my tongue for singing practice too. Man it's hard work, but fun and much more rewarding now that I have a goal and an outlet to prepare for.

You pair wanna take a stab at some three part harmonies? Probably sound like feeding time at the pound! :o

Tea.

edit: I didn't know Shannon was off to do some eatin' when I posted the above... :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Teahead:

You pair wanna take a stab at some three part harmonies? Probably sound like feeding time at the pound!

Anytime...only my voice has been compared to a bull walrus's mating call. :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I just finished my morning OJ... straight up ! ;)

Hey Shannon, please be sure to drink plenty of water before you go to bed, K girl?

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

And eat lotsa vitamin C this morning, but no more than four asperin for the inflamed tissues of your brain. If you can keep a banana or two down, the potassium will be good for your hangover too. And see if your friend who slept through your bender will run down to the store and get you some Gatorade, that will do pretty nice things for your head too; replaces a lot of lost electrolites as well as rehydrating your system. And for the absolute best thing, if you can get into a sauna or steam bath for about a half an hour and sweat the rest of the crap out of our system, you will feel pretty good afterwards(drink the Gatorade first and have some handy). Failing that, soaking in a very hot tub can accomplish similar results, if you keep the water hot. None of these things is a miracle cure, but they do help.

It has been years since I got up with a hangover, but somethings you just never forget. Hope some of this helps...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

G'mornin', e'r'body! >yawn< How y'doin?

Just up temporarily; workin' a more-or-less second-shift schedule, including later tonight.

I won't lecture ya, Shannon, but I will say don't let such 'n' such get too out of hand. And, like BiC said, be sure to drink plenty of water, too. Gatorade 'n' multivitamins and a good breakfast (hopefully you'll be able to eat 'n' keep it down- heh heh) aren't a bad idea, either. And if you are feelin' pretty crapulent, a good hot shower and plenty-even-more of all of the above will do ya some good.

Take care of yourself, young Miss Boo!

But, I know, I understand, it's Friday! "All things in moderation", including- at times- moderation. If you're cool with things, things'll be cool with you.

As for Jack Daniels, my favorite application of that fabled libation is to mix a small amount of it into a good BBQ-sauce (I recommend "Sweet Baby Ray's", if you're not startin' from scratch) with a little bit of freshly minced habanero pepper 'n' sun-dried tomato 'n' fresh garlic (wear gloves while mincing the habanero, Hell, glasses aren't even out of order!), grille/barbecue you up some chicken slathered or even marinated in the resultant stuff, and top it off with some thin-sliced tomato and cheddar just long enough before it's done to melt the cheese nicely. Serve on a croissant or toasty roll. Mmmmnn-MMN!!

Other similar enough liquors don't seem the same for such grillin' 'n' BBQ'n concoctions; I strongly suspect JD's legendary charcoal-lined aging barrels to be a part of this...

If you're feelin' poorly by the time you peruse this with your surly little grape-like peepers, save this for a more even-keeled moment and repeat the read, and try it out!

(Edit)

Oh, yeah- if you ever make home-made ice cream, try a shot or less of JD in the mix (not just the mixer!) per gallon of vanilla ice cream. It adds something, a certain pizzazz, that you can't quite put your finger on! But definitely delicious.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I won't lecture ya, Shannon, but I will say don't let such 'n' such get too out of hand. And, like BiC said, be sure to drink plenty of water, too. Gatorade 'n' multivitamins and a good breakfast (hopefully you'll be able to eat 'n' keep it down- heh heh) aren't a bad idea, either. And if you are feelin' pretty crapulent, a good hot shower and plenty-even-more of all of the above will do ya some good.

Take care of yourself, young Miss Boo!

But, I know, I understand, it's Friday! "All things in moderation", including- at times- moderation. If you're cool with things, things'll be cool with you.

As for Jack Daniels, my favorite application of that fabled libation is to mix a small amount of it into a good BBQ-sauce (I recommend "Sweet Baby Ray's", if you're not startin' from scratch) with a little bit of freshly minced habanero pepper 'n' sun-dried tomato 'n' fresh garlic (wear gloves while mincing the habanero, Hell, glasses aren't even out of order!), grille/barbecue you up some chicken slathered or even marinated in the resultant stuff, and top it off with some thin-sliced tomato and cheddar just long enough before it's done to melt the cheese nicely. Serve on a croissant or toasty roll. Mmmmnn-MMN!!

Other similar enough liquors don't seem the same for such grillin' 'n' BBQ'n concoctions; I strongly suspect JD's legendary charcoal-lined aging barrels to be a part of this...

If you're feelin' poorly by the time you peruse this with your surly little grape-like peepers, save this for a more even-keeled moment and repeat the read, and try it out!

(Edit)

Oh, yeah- if you ever make home-made ice cream, try a shot or less of JD in the mix (not just the mixer!) per gallon of vanilla ice cream. It adds something, a certain pizzazz, that you can't quite put your finger on! But definitely delicious.

There's a certain amount of irony in that post K!

"Don't go drinkin' too much now......Lace most of your foodstuffs with it instead!" :D

Taken from the Caevan O'Shite guide to secretive drinking Vol 40...(% of course)

Tea. :P:wave:

Funny, I had a "Whiskey Steak BBQ" TV dinner...and sliced up a habanero pepper (fresh out of the garden) on it tonight. I don't wear gloves, but, I make sure I'm careful before say, rubbing my eyes. My mouth is still smoldering :thu:

And, one of my favorite concoctions (not with JD, but ice cream and alcohol)...if you want something that will really give that chocoholic in you a treat...get a bottle of that TGIFriday's mudslide. Pour some in a blender and add Breyer's chocolate ice cream. Blend into a milkshake. Drink until your schnockered and chocolated out.

Shannon- I didn't mean to patronize you there, please take it all with a grain of salt! AND, please forgive me for highjacking your thread, too! :cool:

Originally posted by Teahead:

"There's a certain amount of irony in that post K!

"Don't go drinkin' too much now......Lace most of your foodstuffs with it instead!" :D

Taken from the Caevan O'Shite guide to secretive drinking Vol 40...(% of course)"

Tea. :P:wave:

Hah!

Now, I know, that you know, that I know that you know, that most- if not all- of the alcohol is eliminated in the process of cooking. And in the case of the ice cream, there's probably more alcohol in the vanilla extract (what, about 60-proof?) than the relatively small prescribed amount of JD!

Originally posted by Tedster:

Funny, I had a "Whiskey Steak BBQ" TV dinner...and sliced up a habanero pepper (fresh out of the garden) on it tonight. I don't wear gloves, but, I make sure I'm careful before say, rubbing my eyes. My mouth is still smoldering :thu:

And, one of my favorite concoctions (not with JD, but ice cream and alcohol)...if you want something that will really give that chocoholic in you a treat...get a bottle of that TGIFriday's mudslide. Pour some in a blender and add Breyer's chocolate ice cream. Blend into a milkshake. Drink until your schnockered and chocolated out.

Mmmnn!

Try some tequilla (on the steak! :P;):D 'n' lime squeezin' along with that habanero on top o' that steak. Mmmnn!

And some Khalua would go well with that Mudslide-mixology of yours. Or, maybe some peppermint schnapps! (Good on top of ice cream, too- especially mint-chocolate-chip!)

Originally posted by Tedster:

Ahhh...you're in central time, too...for some reason I thought you were in eastern. At any rate...hotcakes and grits for breakfast, with some good pork sausage a-fryin' in the pan. Now I'm making myself hungry...I'll have to hit the Kearney truck stop for breakfast before I go home to crash.

That's one of the cool things about being married to a gal from Kansas City. Similiar breakfast tastes to us Mississippi and Tennessee folks! :thu:

Hopefully by now Shannon is sleeping it off. :D

...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

Hey everybody, I'm still alive :wave:

I never even got around to eating I fell asleep :bor: Then a couple of hours later I woke up oooh my stomach was NOT HAPPY. Went back to sleep and woke up about an hour ago stomach still not happy, but I'm alright I never got sick it just doesn't feel good. I took an hour long hot shower and the rest of me feels GREAT... I'm in a really good mood too :D

Tedster thanks for keeping me company.

Tea sorry we didn't get a chance to harmonize we should give it a go sometime I'm interested in hearing Tedster's bull walrus mating call... Goo goo ga joob.

Thanks everybody for the hangover advice I usually drink lots of water and take a multivitamin before i go to bed when i've been drinking but i guess I passed out first. :freak:

Caevan I take no offense to your post I appreciate the advice I don't get trashed all the time... I've never gotten to the point where I had to have a drink, but I do like a good drunk from time to time. My friend who passed out on me last night recently had a birthday and this is our party weekend, but I had to work last night and by the time I got off at 11:00 she was already drunk, so of course I had to drink quickly to catch up :P

Your BBQ recipe, even in my nauseous state, is making my mouth water :D And by the way.... wheres that sample you promised me?!? (arms crossed and toe tapping) better get on it! (finger snaps) Seriously though I'm still anxious to hear it whenever you get around to it.

Did I mention that I absolutely love , JD's line of BBQ sauces! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Oh, Shannon,

When your eyes finally come into focus and you can see to read this, remember one little trick that will help with hangovers, pro-actively.

Drink lots of water. JD and water is better than JD on the rocks which is better than JD straight up when it comes to helping how you feel the next morning, or when you finally wake up...Oh, and sugary mixes will help kick your head in the next morning. http://daklander.com/pics/puke.gif

If you're tossing shots back, always knock back at least as much water & more if you can, especially before you get to the point where you don't remember to. Keeping your body hydrated is important.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by daklander:

Originally posted by antimatter:

Did you know that Jack Daniels is a bourbon?

Not according to Jack Daniels' website.
(Colonel Beauregard...or Foghorn Leghorn voice) Either w...ah say either way, it makes a fahn Mint Julep!

God preserve us, and protect us

we been drinkin' that whiskey since way before breakfast!

Thanks to Dak fer that fine tune...

I'm diggin' this 8 year 9 month undiluted unfiltered straight from the cask Booker's 126 proof Bourbon. God DAMN it's good. Tried some with some a tetch of local wildflower honey and god bless. Don't want more'n a drop or three of nice country springwater.

Sorry I missed yer all's drinkin' session there! Right sociable of y'all.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by antimatter:

My sources may have been under the influence!

Here is the scoop on the Bourbon/Sour Mash Whiskey thing!

So appropriate for a Saturday Night. :D

From that article...

Actually, the ubiquitous use of the word "bourbon" to describe the dominant style of U.S. straight whiskey is a fairly recent phenomenon, owing in no small part to the rivalry between the two largest producers, Jim Beam and Brown- Forman. Between them, these giants produce more than 60% of the straight whiskey made in the U.S. The leading straight whiskey brand Brown-Forman sells is Jack Daniel's, i.e., not a bourbon. About ten years ago, Brown-Forman changed Early Times from a bourbon to a "Kentucky Whiskey" to save money by reusing barrels.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Gosh, Teahead...I see you had an earlier post in this thread I didn't even see 'til now. I was just re-reading it, out of boredom. Sorry I missed your post that was in the middle of page 1...

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

"We're snortin' whiskey, an' drinkin' Rogain!" :D

Remember that Pat Traversty?

LOL!

What about "Boom Boom, Out Goes My Back" ;):P:D

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Better JD trivia ;) ....

The Jack Daniel's distillery is located in..

a dry county!

So you can't drink the stuff where it's made. In addition, it took passage of a special law in 1994 for Jack Daniel's distillery to sell its' products to the public at the plant. They donate $3.50 to the county for every bottle sold.

And it's the charcoal mellowing process.. running the bourbon through Sugar Maple charcoal before aging that makes Jack Daniel's a Tennessee Whiskey and not, technically, a bourbon.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

"And it's the charcoal mellowing process.. running the bourbon through Sugar Maple charcoal before aging that makes Jack Daniel's a Tennessee Whiskey and not, technically, a bourbon."

AND, I believe, what makes it such an exellent additional ingredient in various grilling, barbecuing, and smoked-foods recipes!

Mmmmnn-MMN!!

I have found that other whiskeys, bourbons, etc. do not seem to have the same quality for cooking...

I'd much rather eat the stuff than sip or shoot it!

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

"And it's the charcoal mellowing process.. running the bourbon through Sugar Maple charcoal before aging that makes Jack Daniel's a Tennessee Whiskey and not, technically, a bourbon."

AND, I believe, what makes it such an exellent additional ingredient in various grilling, barbecuing, and smoked-foods recipes!

Mmmmnn-MMN!!

Is it TGI Fridays that advertises their bourbon chicken as Jack Daniel's chicken? Whichever restaurant is know for it makes some mighty-FINE chicken with JD! :thu:

I have found that other whiskeys, bourbons, etc. do not seem to have the same quality for cooking...

I'd much rather eat the stuff than sip or shoot it!

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived