Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Won a Les Paul on eBay

mstreck

I'm picking it up today.

It's only an Epiphone and I know buying on eBay is a risk, but I'll take the risk if it means getting a $500 guitar for $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3737511534

Mike

Petting Hendrix

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! Especially for $200.00. I don't know if you could have gone wrong, as long as it isn't horribly damaged!

You're in that club now... :cool:

The one that Teahead's out of! :P;):D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Congrats! :thu: I've bought a guitar through Ebay... pleasant experience.

Let us know how she plays!

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

200 smackers. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Keep us posted on how it feels and sounds!

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

For two-hundred bucks, you can't go wrong! The guy said excellent condition, so there is no reason to assume that there is anything wrong with it. If there was anything wrong...worst case scenario...like, say the neck is warped. Slap a new neck on that sucker and you've still saved a bundle!

Theres well over $200 in parts on that guitar and the case was included.

Great for you! :thu:

It's deals like this that will turn you into an eBay junkie like me!

You could relist this for a profit by ending the auction on Sunday night when all instrument auctions should end. You keep this up and you'll have a '58 Burst in no time!

That's a great deal and given there was littl in the description other than EXCELLENT condition you should do perfectly fine.

Lucky Bastard

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Originally posted by madgrinder:

with a case!!!

I paid $70 just for my case.

sweet deal.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I just sold an old Brown Gibson Les Paul hardshell case on eBay for $81.00 alone.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Sounds like a decent deal.

As folks here have pointed out, even if you wind up selling it for parts and selling the case, you'll make your money back, so it's pretty much a win-win situation.

Be sure to let us know how she plays!

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

I now have the Les Paul. The neck is straight and it seems to stay in tune. Great sustain! It's sounds OK through my Fender Champ... It definitely needs a set-up done to it and some new strings. I think I'll take it to practice tonight and see how it sounds through my "normal" setup. At the worst, I'll have to get some new pickups because these seem to have a lot of treble. The guitar itself doesn't seem to have any real problems... a little buzz around the 14th fret on the low E string but I think I can raise the action just a touch and get rid of that. Great sustain!

To be continued...

Mike

Petting Hendrix

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

One word: SWEEEET!

I don't think the guy knew what he had. The strings definitely needed changed. I only did minor adjustments here and there and now it plays great! And it even STAYS IN TUNE! What more could I ask for? :thu:

webe123: that was a sticker. I could still see where the edge of the adhesive was. It disappeared with a little elbow grease.

I'm not sure why, but he took off the pick guard. I want to put it back on but he didn't include the screws. Anybody know what size I should use?

I'm still partial to my Strat for lead stuff, but only because I know it inside and out. Given a little time, I may become a true Les Paul man!

Now... who's gonna sell me a $500 Marshall half-stack to go with this thing? :D

Mike

Petting Hendrix

congrats, that's a great buy - it says it even includes a case. IMHO, the best ebay strategy when buying guitars, is to keep bidding low, you'll lose way more auctions than you'll win. When you lose one, don't worry another will come along. Buy 'em cheap enough that if you don't like it, you can re-bay it, possibly for a few bux more than you paid and try again.

Archived