Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So I Had This Dream...

BiC

and one of you were in it, but I don't know who.

Anyways, we were jamming to "American Woman". :thu:

I was playing rhythm, and one of you were playing lead. SO, if you can play lead on "American Woman", it just may have been you. :D

Anyways, it was a cool dream and we ROCKED! :cool:

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can do OK on lead, but I don't know if I have ever played american woman! (HE! HE!) So I guess it wasn't me.

I had a dream right after the day my local music store got in an ovation adamas guitar. (the kind with the carved headstock!) I dreamed I had bought it there, brought it home, played on it a bit and then leaned it in the corner of my bedroom and then got in bed and went to sleep! I woke up to the very sad, sad realization that it was just that...a dream! I even went over to that corner I leaned it up against and looked! (HA! HA!) I was so bummed out the rest of the day that I didn't even go back in that store for a few days! Kinda funny how dreams work...they can make you feel happy or sad even though they aren't real.

scary but true...At 2:30 central time I was playing "American Woman", trying to dial-in my new Big Muff. I wanted that grainy tone and got it. I ripped through the rest of the song just before my wife yelled at me to turn it down!

I was playing it through the Big Muff and a Kustom 100 lead amp.

...it's Mr Stabby, da da da da da daaaah, da da da da da da daaaah...

Wow! Deja vu all over again. No, that's what happens when I muff a chord change in front of a hundred thousand people :D

Hey! Are you guys on the same wavelength, or what? :P

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by madgrinder:

scary but true...At 2:30 central time I was playing "American Woman", trying to dial-in my new Big Muff. I wanted that grainy tone and got it. I ripped through the rest of the song just before my wife yelled at me to turn it down!

I was playing it through the Big Muff and a Kustom 100 lead amp.

Well, I had the dream around 3-3:30 AM CST. It was right before I woke up this morning.

:thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

That's funny, I swear to ya, I dreamed last night/early A.M. that I was for some reason playing with a mixed ages "stage-band" (a la many High School's "jazz" or "stage"/non-marching bands); the band teacher was a babe ;):D and I was trying to figure out "Waiting In Vain" by Bob Marley on a piano to do an arrangement of it. In the adjoining room there was a bunch of guys- including two guitarists- jamming on "American Woman", and some young kids were arguing over whether it was by Lenny Kravitz or The Who! Cosmic...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

That's funny, I swear to ya, I dreamed last night/early A.M. that I was for some reason playing with a mixed ages "stage-band" (a la many High School's "jazz" or "stage"/non-marching bands); the band teacher was a babe ;):D and I was trying to figure out "Waiting In Vain" by Bob Marley on a piano to do an arrangement of it. In the adjoining room there was a bunch of guys- including two guitarists- jamming on "American Woman", and some young kids were arguing over whether it was by Lenny Kravitz or The Who! Cosmic...

LOL!!!!!!!!! :D

INSERT- The Twilight Zone Theme Song

That was madgrinder and me!!! :D

SOOO, How did we sound??? ;)

Peace :thu:

Sounded like someone having a good time, but I couldn't hear myself figuring out the other tune on the piano (while trying to put the moves on the "band teacher"... ). :D

yea man, you were jammin with me last night. Don't you remember? Although you were taking down a shit load of random alcohol

yea man, it was a wild night but it was awesome! :freak::D;)

Originally posted by FunkJazz:

"hmmmm, i dreamt about girls last night" ;)

Please note that I was also chasing the (female, thank-you) band-teacher in my dream; hmmn, I wonder why the song, "Waiting In vain", was a part of it? ;):D

Originally posted by Mike Gug:

I must have opened for you guys. I had a guitar dream the night before. :thu:

LOL!! :D:thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by FunkJazz:

hmmmm, i dreamt about girls last night ;)

Were they " American "???

:D

Aaaah, good point ther, Bic; you might be on to something...

But, they were girls, not women, wherever they wre from! ;):D

Archived