Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm a idiot

rockman_real

After exibition, I divided from mars becourse of our conflicts about infringing others licenses.I'm trying to make these similia boxes diffirent. honestly speaking, most of them are not clones and definitely much better than their similia brothers. Why I display them here is I believe you and hope all guys give me some advices. I'm puzzled!

Do those infringe otherslicense? Please tell me.

merry christmas

I'm the real rockman!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Compact Diss:

I vote that you're an idiot.

That wasn't a choice, but I feel like I want to second the vote.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

I always don't talk too much to impolite guy.this kind of guys love to hurt others and prejudiced eVen sometimes she or he didn't realize it.

I only do what I love and don't know law much.

Of course , I'm not a cloner!I create most, clone some, and improve some.

Many Guys here asked me post some pictures of my gears and now I hope you could give some advices directely,frankly, but not do other things.

merry christmas

I'm the real rockman!

Originally posted by rockman60s:

I'm not a cloner!I create most, clone some , and improve some.

I thought you said you were not a cloner? :confused:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Let me say it again...

Originally posted by A String:

If you make a product that looks the same as someone else product, it is a copy. In a lot of cases, this is against the law. Do yourself a favor and make up your own cabs. You will then have your own products to sell and not a copy of someone elses.

Thanks for your reminding.I never did something against law and I will never do.These AMPs are a test and are still not products(becouse them are not prepared and I 'm not sure).actually, I never sold a amp while I sold many effs.

I make them long time ago becouse I love them and feel very happy to make them same or improved.You know, this is really a happay thing when you succeess. before I start the business, I did not take this serious, I enjoy it. to Do so is the first step to create,bluestat?

Maybe I'm a idiot but I will never be against law,I'm a good sitizen.

merry christmas

I'm the real rockman!

:rolleyes: So... where are you getting these pictures from? How are you modifying them? Do you expect me to believe that you made a PERFECT copy of a Marshall control panel, but can't make decent cabinets? Are you really Bralalalala, "Marrissa", or Jazzy Conan Guy? (Probably one or both of the first two...) :freak::rolleyes:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by rockman60s:

Thanks for your reminding.I never did something against law and I will never do.

Easy to say in a country that has NO LAWS to protect international copyrights! :D

"... I'm sorry you got a head like a potato"

fz

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

The way I understand the law (at least in the US), you can make an exact copy of anothers product if you are going to keep it for your own use; you can not sell an exact copy of another companies product. You can sell a product with similar cosmetics, like the LP, Strat, and Tele copies that have a different headstock shape. Changing the cabinet design and using a similar circuit (with some change of values inside) has been done by quite a few companies. It's usually legal to copy circuits, but copying a cabinet, logo, or a combination of features is considered trademark infringement.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Thank you for your comments! your advice is valuable and friendly.

I made AVT seies. the circuit of this series is changed a little and it is hard to tell sound's difference. others AMPs are actually very different.Make it purple? good idea.

Do you make effects? I did not sleep last night and stay on internet whole night. Itis 6:42 july seven. Good morning!

merry christmas

I'm the real rockman!

Yeah, i am not sure what you are talkin about dude. what the hell are gears? I am not trying to be a dick, at least you can speak some english. I sure can't speak any manderin. my girl is taiwanese so she can speak like 3 languages including chinese. I only speak 'American' hehe. I was just commenting that if you wanna make your effect look different then make it pink or purple so it isnt silver like the one you are comparing it to. im sure you thought of this. I dont know what kind of effect you are talking about or what those pedals you have pictured do. by the way it should be ---I'm an idiot, not I'm a idiot. If you want to be grammatically correct (dunno if I spelt it right)

Dear flagshipmile,It should be "I'm an idiot", thank you.

We did not talk about effects below. What we discuss is that some of my AMPS may looks like very similia with other famous brand. That may infringe others' rights.

A few of people are prejudiced or have evil aim and made a trap.Most guys here are kind and honest.

God bless your girl, God bless your family, God bless America.

merry christmas

I'm the real rockman!

rockman just be yourself. put some of your identity into the amps and effects. ask some local musicians for input, what do they like in an amp or effect for knob setup or looks and tone. if you base something on an exsisting design, ask yourself how can you make it better? you can be inspired by a product and take the design to a new level. there is no harm in that.

To steevo: yes, I will post some am3 of my effects and amplifiers as soon as I can.At that time I can listen them and hope you give me some suggesions

To mark_dog: What does WTF mean? "..You will prove it and make the words bold" I will prove that my gears is the best. Do you notice that my signature is bold?

To Guitarzan:"ask yourself how can you make it better? you can be inspired by a product and take the design to a new level" :) Great!

merry christmas

I'm the real rockman!

I don`t know if this will help you guys or not but let me refer to an article that cleared up some of the questions around this `copying` issue.

This article refered to Japan but in Asia in general there is a long tradition of apprenticing to an acknowledged master in a particular field-be it music, cooking, painting, boxing, whatever. one`s worth as a creative individual is determined by how well one can reproduce the nuances of the master`s work-indeed it`s insulting to the master to go off and do something different- whereas someone like that would be afforded `cult hero` status in the West-Michael Hedges may be a good example. That has been the case in the art world in the West also-one reason why it`s so hard to determine the authenticity of great works of art. In Asia this tradition is still very much around-there are copies of EVERYTHING around, be it from America or Asia. If something is successful, a copy will happen. If the copy is successful a copy of the copy will be around in no time-people don`t consider it a problem. this has run square up against the whole concept of `intellectual copyright`. I`m not saying `good for them`, but China in particular is in no hurry to adopt Western legal concepts outside of the minimum, less so ordinary people. it`s gonna take time.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v285/rockman60s/SUPERTUBE2.png

I'm still waiting for a fee sample...you said :confused:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Archived