Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Big, Dumb Question Time..."

Caevan O’Shite

Originally posted by Compact Diss:

I haven't had a nice cold Killian's in about two years. Thanks Blues, I'm heading to a bar tomorrow night!

My college is like 30 minutes from the Coors Brewery. After the tour, you get free beer. I haven't gone because I'm not 21. :( I'm more of a hard liquor man myself anyway. Anyone bringing some Bacardi or Jack?
Shut up and play.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you abstain too? Good man....

My old bass player used to his cash up front so he'd get very drunk, and you'd put throw him outta the van at the end of the night!

Sorry about the highjacked thread there....

My thought.... if i'm not interested in anything i say nothing, also Yngwie, Paul Gilbert, Vai - they all taught me to play, I loved their stuff - not so much anyomre but they still earn so much respect because:

A, They make a very good living

B, They continue to inspire many players that would not be playing now

C, They are very good for the guitar business, more people wanna play, wanna be taught, wanna be seen in action

I still recomend Paul Gilbert's video for all my students - even the jazz guys. Ynwgie's solos can also be used as exersizes, trilogy - far beond the sun.... it's all good. I still would rather listen to Sonny Rollins, but thats my roots and i'd never hide that.

Originally posted by Teahead:

"What about us total teas?" ;)

:rolleyes: UGH! :rolleyes: You're such a teas! ;):P:D

Yeah, abstination/moderation is good!

:cool: A good brew should be savored, anyways, not gulped down ice-cold just to be able to get it past your taste-buds, and just to get drunk. I always nurse a good pint!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

ah, beer. i am making it a quest this year to try many foreign beers. for the flavor. My regards to Tea( the person and the beverage) for i am one of the hot beverage lovers as well.

You just ain't had tea until you've had it sweet, ice cold, and with a slice of lemon. :) Southern style. :D

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

When I was twelve I stayed with some fine people in South Carolina who introduced me to iced tea. I laughed at them, never could take it seriously as a drink. It's like having a hot Coke or something!

iced tea is damn good, but you gotta go for the kind from a bottle. homemade is just not sweet enough. ah who am i kidding, you're the expert!

mmm... beer. isn't it the "proper" way to drink some beers at room temperature or more?

When I was twelve I stayed with some fine people in South Carolina who introduced me to iced tea. I laughed at them, never could take it seriously as a drink. It's like having a hot Coke or something!

Teahead,

You are missing how iced tea is a tangible representation of Eastern Philosophy's principle of Yin & Yang.

You boil it to make it hot; you pour it over ice to make cold; you add sugar to make it sweet; you add lemon to make it sour.

Iced tea is very serious business indeed.

You will learn Grasshopper, you will learn. :D

BTW - I believe they serve Dr. Pepper hot in Toledo (at least they did in the seventies). Now that's a strange one, if you ask me. :confused:

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Originally posted by njrocker:

[qb]

mmm... beer. isn't it the "proper" way to drink some beers at room temperature or more?

It depends on the beer. An ale (which is also known as "top fermented" because of how the yeast behave) is ideally consumed at about 68-degrees Fahrenheit. A lager (a.k.a. "bottom fermented") should be consumed at colder temperatures (usually between 42-50 degrees Fahrenheit).

Most big American beers (Bud, Miller, Coors, Rolling Rock, etc.) are lagers.

Personally, I usually prefer ales.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by Mudcat:

BTW - I believe they serve Dr. Pepper hot in Toledo (at least they did in the seventies). Now that's a strange one, if you ask me. :confused: [/QB]

(.......Showing my age....)

I remember going to Dallas Cowboys games at the Cotton Bowl (in my youth) and on the cold days they had vendors walking around with these giant thermos things on their back - dispensing Hot Dr Pepper with a lemon twist.

(Remember...Dallas was the Natl HQ of Dr Pepper)

It was pretty nasty...but it was WARM :freak:

Lynn G

Archived