Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

COOL... CHECK THIS OUT!

BiC

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

Bic where have you been mister?What happen

with the JCM 900? :D

I've been on vacation, and busy busy busy.

Finally got the JCM 900 out of the shop. They had to replace the "heart" of it. I forgot the technical term...

Anyways, it costs me about $250. The weird thing is that I have no more than 20 hours of play logged on it. But I did buy it in 1994, and it was in storage for a few years.

I'm in the military, and that amp was in storage for 1 year when I went to Korea. Actually, that was a few months after I bought it. Then with all the moving around I do every couple of years, I guess that takes its toll on the amp itself.

But I believe having it in storage "did it in".

I just need to learn to burn that dust off the tubes from time to time.

BTW, when I went to pick it up, the salesman went to the repairman to get it for me. I opened up the box to look at it, making sure it was mine. The salesman thought it was a BRAND NEW head. He thought he gave me the wrong one. I said, "NOPE!", that's mine alright. I told him, although it's 10 years old, it looks new because I hardly played through it!

Peace!

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by pauldil:

"I've got one from Argentina (that's where I'm originally from). The back is made from an armadillo. Never did find out how it's tuned, though."

Paul

Hey, that solid-cedar-backed charango looks sharp! I've seen pics of the armodillo-backed variety and, while they look pretty cool and exotic and all, I bet the wooden one sounds better. Although, that might be a very subjective judgement call! Maybe the armadillo style sounds more authentic... less sustain, more funky rattle and everything... anybody got any input here?

They're tuned G-C-E-A-E, low to high, I believe. I think it was Joe Gore who did an article on them and applying their playing-style to the guitar, in Guitar Player magazine, years ago. I'd bet a six-course charango, with added low-A's, would be cool, too! (I've always got to conform to the dimensions and features of the guitar where I can, even if the scale and tuning is different!)

Gato- Cool chord charts!

http://www.inet.hr/~abubalo/pictures/small/jimimitch.jpg DARKLAVA- Hey, is that Jimiadoc Hendwender hangin' with Bilbo Baggins?! Get outta here, that cat's outta-sight!! Looking at some of the clothes Jimi would sometimes wear, makes me think of a new acronym- WWJT?- "What Was Jimi Thinking?" :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

I've seen pics of the armodillo-backed variety and, while they look pretty cool and exotic and all, I bet the wooden one sounds better.

Not only that, but the armadillo back has sharp hairs on it that can really make it uncomfortable to play :) !

P.S. I wonder if this is where Ovation got its inspiration?

Paul

Archived