Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I *FINALLY* FOUND AN 85' MIJ STRAT!!!!

BiC

Hey Folks!

Remember a few threads back when I was "on the hunt" for a 1985 MIJ Strat like the one which was stolen from me in 2000?

WELL, I FOUND HER!!! :love::love:

I found this baby on EBAY in mint condition, and at a great price!

Man, I'm one happy camper! :D I knew I would find one if I would just be patient. ;)

MY BABY!

PEACE! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats!! :D
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Thanx guys! :D Man, I AM on cloud 9! :love:

It makes me feel good to know that I will have something very close to what I had. Who knows, she may even play better! ;)

Maybe this will put a stop to those "Strat" anxiety dreams! Just kidding... :D

Peace

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

BTW, I saw plenty of 1985 MIJ Strats on EBAY, but I wasn't going to settle for anything less than what mine would have looked like in its original condition.

So, perseverance definitely paid off! :thu:

Peace

Hey, congratulations, I'm so glad for you, BiC!

The only thing that could be better would be for your original guitar to be returned, as well! But don't get me wrong- that's great! I'm glad you're happy.

Just curious- do you think that you might replace the bridge pickup with a humbucker like in your previous guitar, or will you likely stay with an all single-coil set-up?

By the way- put one of those "SNAGG"-chips in this one!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well congradulations BIC! I am so happy for you! Perseverance DOES pay off after all! Of course I would also like to know if you are planning on keeping the sound of a "straight" single coil, or are planning to put a single humbucker in it like your other MIJ strat??? Just remember what I told you in the other thread, wood is a fickle thing and just because two guitars are made in the same factory, even on the same day, does not mean that they will sound exactly the same! Give this guitar time to grow on you and don't judge it by what your other strat sounded like! Because you have to remember that they are two seperate instruments...just made by the same company! Here's a SCARY thought.....guys...where would we and a lot of other people be without EBAY???

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite, who 8 the Pilgrims.:

Hey, congratulations, I'm so glad for you, BiC!

The only thing that could be better would be for your original guitar to be returned, as well! But don't get me wrong- that's great! I'm glad you're happy.

Just curious- do you think that you might replace the bridge pickup with a humbucker like in your previous guitar, or will you likely stay with an all single-coil set-up?

By the way- put one of those "SNAGG"-chips in this one!

Thanx! I will keep the single coils. I'd like it to stay in its original condition.

Wow man, I thought you were joking at first about the chip until I did a search! :eek: That is really nifty! You should do a separate thread on it, and make sure everyone is aware of it. :cool:

Peace

Originally posted by webe123:

Well congradulations BIC! I am so happy for you! Perseverance DOES pay off after all! Of course I would also like to know if you are planning on keeping the sound of a "straight" single coil, or are planning to put a single humbucker in it like your other MIJ strat??? Just remember what I told you in the other thread, wood is a fickle thing and just because two guitars are made in the same factory, even on the same day, does not mean that they will sound exactly the same! Give this guitar time to grow on you and don't judge it by what your other strat sounded like! Because you have to remember that they are two seperate instruments...just made by the same company! Here's a SCARY thought.....guys...where would we and a lot of other people be without EBAY???

Thanx for the advice!

BTW, I'd ba A LOT richer without EBAY!!! :D:D:D

But I'm very happy it exists. It's like a 24/7 flea market! :wave:

Peace

I own an E6xxxx Serial number MIJ Squire by Fender Stratocaster. When I bought it new in early 87, it was the best Strat in the store.

I've since dropped Texas Specials in it, completely sheilded all cavities with copper foil, soldered the seams, and replace the trem with an LR Baggs. The output is a stereo jack. Knobs are master volume for the mag pups, master tone for the mag pups, and volume for the LR Baggs piezo.

I call it the "Sportscaster" b'cause I've put Montreal Canadiens stickers all over the pick guard.

Anyone who plays is it amazed at how quiet the electronics are, and how well it sounds. The MIJ fenders are excellent value.

So what did you name your new toy, if you give your toys names?

Paul

Peace,

Paul

----------------------

By the way- put one of those "SNAGG"-chips in this one![/QB]

I don't think you can put one in right now! I was wondering what SNAGG was, until I went to their site and it is a small chip put into your guitar that is able to give law enforcement info on a guitar that is stolen and make it to where they can track it. This isw from their website: "Snaggs goal is to provide the most reliable theft protection and property recovery system available for musical instruments. When a customer purchases an asset enabled with Snagg technology, s/he is required to register that asset with Snagg. There is a modest registration fee for this service, unless the manufacturer has prepaid for the service (e.g. Carvin). If a previously manufactured musical instrument is retrofitted by a retail music dealer, that dealer may charge a modest installation and activation fee." It is only in a NEW guitar that you purchase from carvin fender and gibson! According to the SNAGG site it will EVENTUALLY make it to where owners of musical instruments can have a SNAGG chip installed.....this is from their website:

"Snagg will eventually provide universal coverage to owners of musical instruments and gear through Snagg Certified Dealers, luthiers, and law enforcement organizations." So eventually you will have the option to have a SNAGG chip installed at a music store that install them. But not right now.

As far as SNAGG goes....I thnk it is an idea whose time is come! I just wonder if they will start out with guitars and basses and then put them in other musical instruments...such as drums, keyboards, brass and stringed instruments such as violins??

Originally posted by lynng - guitar geezer:

Here's a SCARY thought.....guys...where would we and a lot of other people be without EBAY???

Speaking of ebay, was looking to see if the idiots were dumb enough to list my stolen Les Paul, when I saw this

e-bay marketing

New twist on marketing :P

Parental Guidance suggested

OMFG! I nearly puked my lunch on my keyboard!!!

http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/contrib/dday/vomit.gif:D:freak:

Here's a SCARY thought.....guys...where would we and a lot of other people be without EBAY???

Speaking of ebay, was looking to see if the idiots were dumb enough to list my stolen Les Paul, when I saw this

e-bay marketing

The chick is obviously trying to compsensate for something the guitar is lacking... I wouldn't buy it!!! :P

hehe :D

Originally posted by BiC:

e-bay marketing

The chick is obviously trying to compsensate for something the guitar is lacking... I wouldn't buy it!!! :P

SMELLS LIKE FISH.Iwonder

if she just pulled that out.Now thats a talent. :eek:Thats one heck of a gig bag! :wave:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

And waddya got against seventies girls, Mr. '80s boyo? Where did you cruise for girls, when you got your hands on the keys to the time machine?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

e-bay marketing

Did you ever find your les paul?? (Girl Notwithstanding)

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite, who 8 the Pilgrims.:

And waddya got against seventies girls, Mr. '80s boyo? Where did you cruise for girls, when you got your hands on the keys to the time machine?

Do you mean my MOPED? Or my 1973 Bel Air??? :D

My Bel Air was my 70's "girl"! ;)

Peace :thu:

BiC, CONGRATULATIONS :thu:

She looks like a beauty, the '85 Jap Strat that is. Great price too. I've made four of my last gear pruchases on ebay.

BTW, I got a lead on the model of my stolen guitar. I went to the Ibanez forum and found out it's a Roadstar RG600 and the resident Roadstar expert has one for sale just like mine, hardtail, white with a pruple burst. Now if I can just find the money .... :rolleyes: It's "only" $200.

DAve

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

BiC, CONGRATULATIONS :thu:

She looks like a beauty, the '85 Jap Strat that is. Great price too. I've made four of my last gear pruchases on ebay.

BTW, I got a lead on the model of my stolen guitar. I went to the Ibanez forum and found out it's a Roadstar RG600 and the resident Roadstar expert has one for sale just like mine, hardtail, white with a pruple burst. Now if I can just find the money .... :rolleyes: It's "only" $200.

DAve

Hopefully you will be able to come up with the cash. Even if you don't get your axe back, it will feel good to have something similar to it so you will maintain some sort of "connection" with it, if you know what I mean. Buying this Strat makes me feel pretty good in that manner since my stolen Strat was my first REAL electric!

BiC,

Hopefully you will be able to come up with the cash. Even if you don't get your axe back, it will feel good to have something similar to it so you will maintain some sort of "connection" with it, if you know what I mean. Buying this Strat makes me feel pretty good in that manner since my stolen Strat was my first REAL electric!
You put your finger right on the feeling, ".. maintain some sort of connection with it.", it was also my first real electric. I have trouble identifying my feelings to others. :cry: It's a great gift to others that you are blessed with. :cool: I guess I try to express my feelings with the guitar, although in the past it has been on the rebellious (think Bob Dylan).

Again, congratulations on your "connection". :thu:

Peace and Harmony.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

BiC,

quote:
You put your finger right on the feeling, ".. maintain some sort of connection with it.", it was also my first real electric. I have trouble identifying my feelings to others. :wave: My stolen Strat and I went through A LOT together. I mean gee, I had her for nearly 15 years! Her neck had become "molded" to my hands.

As long as she wasn't stripped and sold for parts, would make me happy that she's still "alive". :)

I can't wait to have my new "adoptee" within my hands. :love:

Hey BiC!

Since I scored that Rogue Strat on e-bay, does that qualify me for the "Pawn Shop Prize" contest you're running? The thread has already slipped off the end of the list into digital oblivion. :(

Really though, whoever gets something that they think is cool at a great price is a winner. :)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Archived