Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i.d. this hammond for me please???

zmd

i am getting this for free from a friend...one of those "its sitting in my storage room taking up space" type of things. i play it cool by wetting myself with excitement cuz i see real drawbars. as far as i can tell, its a T series...but, i'm not so good at this...anyone know what it is/any info on it? thanks!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/thehumongous/hammondorgan.jpg

so, its not so much about curing it as it is about hiding it...to help spread it faster

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks like a different number of tabs, but otherwise identical...is that your m 100?
so, its not so much about curing it as it is about hiding it...to help spread it faster

so, it looks like we're voting L-100.

i'm fairly pumped as all i have for organ sounds now are some kinda rough dx 21 sounds.

Originally posted by B3-er:

It's an L-100, as already mentioned.

Folks, that's a Hammond L-100. :freak:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

And guys. That double-manual Clavia thingy pictured in the other thread? It's a Photoshop mockup. [DUH] *DUH* [/DUH] :rolleyes:

Hell, even the Wifey knew that. :rolleyes: (But don't tell her about that new amp in my rack. I've convinced her that it's a cheap power strip that I borrowed from Ceasefire. :eek:

:D

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

well, i got it...it needed some serious cleaning...so we did that, and it worked for about 30 minutes...then we shut it off, and the motor won't start spinning again. so its time for some serious diagnostics. it sounded just great(although crazy quiet)

Originally posted by dementedchord:

shame you didn't oil it while it was running...

well, it didn't give off a seizing type of smell...it was running fine, then we shut it off...a minute later, i turn it back on and nothing happens. any ideas?

also, does anyone know what kind of oil they take?

They take Hammond oil. Don't put anything else in there. Get some Hammond oil from Tonewheel General Hospital . It's cheap.

If it doesn't even attempt to run (ie, no sound coming from the motors at all) my guess is the switch is either bad or the connections to the switch need to be resoldered. I got called to fix a B3 that wouldn't start and it turned out to be a wire going to the START switch was disconnected.

Could be the power cable, too.

it did run originally for about half an hour. it only stopped working after i shut it down. we used contact cleaner on the tubes and replaced one bad tube(it still has hammond tubes in it for the most part).

so, the switch/motor is likely intermitent if i read you right, which is fairly easy fix.

the power cable was the second thing we replaced after cleaning the tubes, and everything is getting power. tubes light up, power light comes on, and, when keyclick is turned on it clicks.

Archived