Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig Spam: Lincoln Theater, Raleigh - Saturday!

daBowsa

Gas, cnegrad, learjeff...anyone else?

My old band is doing their NC/SC swing this weekend and I'll be making my first trip to Raleigh.

Sublime tribute, Lincoln Theater, Sat Nov 11, probably 11-1am (or whatever time bars close, minus 2 hours). I can probably swing a few spots on the guest list if you let me know early enough.

Who's up for a beer?!?

http://static.flickr.com/45/132454021_b1cdd4d828_m.jpg

http://www.badfish.com

http://www.lincolntheatre.com/schedule.htm

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lincolntheatre.com/images/bands/Badfish%20Tatoo.jpg

Wowza Ben - great gig. :eek:

I doubt I can make it to the gig, but if you've got a few minutes when you get to town, I'll see if I can borrow a couple of bucks from BluesKeys and buy you a beer.

Send me a note & I'll give you my secretary's cell phone number. :P

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Hey dude, I am up for it ... I got the weekend off after doing some recording on Friday.

If you have time before the show I'll even spring for beers and I won't even make Tom pay me back. I was wondering what I would do with myself this weekend.

If you have someone who is good with a camera the Lincoln has a great light system. We got some great Slowhand pics from there. Also the sound system is one of the best I have found in clubs.

Let me know how Amos Southend in Charlotte goes. I have played there several times but I like the Double Door in Charlotte better for sound.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Cool! I imagine we have a 4pm sound check, so we could meet up for a beer around 5 or 6.

That way Tom can get home before the sheep start worrying. Jim, if you PM me your full name, I'll get you on the list (+1 for a guest? less? more?)

If you guys want to meet up a little later, Tom I can still put you on the list so you don't have to pay a cover, we can have a beer and you can leave at the hour of your choosing.

I heard a great sheep joke on the radio this morning. You listen to Rock 92 out of Greensboro in the morning?

Originally posted by BluesKeys:

Let me know how Amos Southend in Charlotte goes. I have played there several times but I like the Double Door in Charlotte better for sound.

Yeah let me know when you do either one of these and I'll buy the beer!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Midinut, I think they played Charlotte last night dude. Check his site to be sure.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Aw, dang it Midinut! I don't know why I didn't think about calling out the Charlotte contingent...you know since I live here, it feels like a hometown gig unnecessary of an internet post.

Amos' was fun last night. They'll be back around, so I'll make sure to get my head out of my ass and PM you for next time!

Originally posted by daBowsa:

Cool! I imagine we have a 4pm sound check, so we could meet up for a beer around 5 or 6.

Yup. Excellent idea. :freak:

Jimmy - dial me up. I borrowed LearJeff's credit card the last time we were out (he doesn't know it yet). So the drinks are on him. :D:P

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I borrowed LearJeff's credit card the last time we were out (he doesn't know it yet). So the drinks are on him.
Well if that's the case, then send me over a PEK. And throw in a few SRX cards for the guys in the other thread... :D

Originally posted by cnegrad:

I borrowed LearJeff's credit card the last time we were out (he doesn't know it yet). So the drinks are on him.
Well if that's the case, then send me over a PEK. And throw in a few SRX cards for the guys in the other thread... :D
cnegrad - if all goes well, we're headed to The Flying Saucer with Ben. They've got over 100 types of beer on tap there and good scenery. :evil:

You haven't missed it yet? :D

(Damn I'm good.) :cool:

PS... the PEK and the SRX cards are (as they say)... in da mail. :P

If you can't break away from the family for just a little bit to tip a glass with your buds then... well, what can I say? [Roll Eyes]
The wife's going out of town and I've got the three kids, and no way to extricate myself. Well at least I'll have the PEK to keep me company.... :(

Originally posted by cnegrad:

The wife's going out of town and I've got the three kids, and no way to extricate myself. Well at least I'll have the PEK to keep me company.... :(

That's OK. I understand. :rolleyes:

Wait. I've got a great idea. :idea:

We'll come over to your place. :freak:

Ummmm, what time are we invited? :P

ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO! ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO! ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO! ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!ROTFLMAO!

debowsa, great show last night you guys rocked the house. I swear the packed house was on it's feet from the very first note. They were singing the words and dancing, it was a fun show.

For all forum members if Badfish comes to your home town make an effort to see them. Even if debowsa isn't there I am sure they still put on the dog.

It is always cool to meet the guys on this forum. We are such a hip group. :)

Gas, thanks again buddy. We need to get the neighborhood boys together and bend some elbows.

Are you about ready for a G&T yet?

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived