Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How much would you offer?

Ipso Facto

Mkay. There was an ad on Craiglist for a Used Peavy KB300, and the best offer takes it. I asked in an e-mail about the damange and the guy said the amp has a problem with the brain and speaker connection.Its a $50 repair that has to be made yearly.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make an offer, but, if I were to, how much do you think I should offer?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Offer to take it off his hands if he pays you for your time and your transportation costs. Anything less than that, you're getting ripped off.

I agree. It sounds like this is going to be more of a headache than its worth.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I bought a used KB300 in 1989 for $300. I beat the hell out of it for 13 years. I've probably played about 1000 gigs with it. Loud gigs. IT ALWAYS JUST WORKED. Loud and clean. The only thing I ever did to it was after about 6 years I replaced the original speaker with a Black Widow. (the original speaker was still good) When I moved to France in 2002 I put it in cold storage - literally. It sits in a friend's unheated garage year round in NJ. Everytime I'm back in the states to work, I just turn it on and it works and I use it. Great amp. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

OK, I'm getting nostalgic over my KB300. I miss you buddy. :cry: See you this winter. :)

Originally posted by latchmo:

I bought a used KB300 in 1989 for $300. I beat the hell out of it for 13 years. I've probably played about 1000 gigs with it. Loud gigs. IT ALWAYS JUST WORKED. Loud and clean. The only thing I ever did to it was after about 6 years I replaced the original speaker with a Black Widow. (the original speaker was still good) When I moved to France in 2002 I put it in cold storage - literally. It sits in a friend's unheated garage year round in NJ. Everytime I'm back in the states to work, I just turn it on and it works and I use it. Great amp. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

OK, I'm getting nostalgic over my KB300. I miss you buddy. :cry: See you this winter. :)

Yeah... I had an old beat-up p.o.s. beater car (Pontiac 6000 if anyone's keeping track) back in the 80's. The thing was ugly, sounded like hell, and leaked oil like it was nobody's business. It started up every time, though, and got me from point A to point B.

Think I'd recommend one to anyone else? Not on your life.

You just keep on missing your awful-sounding, nowhere-near-flat-response KB300, and I'll be thankful I'm never at one of your gigs having to hear you play through it. ;)

IF, leave the KB300 on the list. ;)

Waste, er, I mean, spend your money on a newer amp.

Besides, if it is brand new, a 1 year warranty is included in the purchase price. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Originally posted by latchmo:

Yeah... I had an old beat-up p.o.s. beater car (Pontiac 6000 if anyone's keeping track) back in the 80's. The thing was ugly, sounded like hell, and leaked oil like it was nobody's business. It started up every time, though, and got me from point A to point B.

Think I'd recommend one to anyone else? Not on your life.

You just keep on missing your awful-sounding, nowhere-near-flat-response KB300, and I'll be thankful I'm never at one of your gigs having to hear you play through it. ;)

LOL.. yep the KB300 was a real piece of shit (in the negative sense)... the difference between that and any new keyboard amp on the market should be quite huge. I have a 600W PA (HK-Audio) system that weighs less than the old Peavey...

I don't miss it at all... one of the worst buying/trading decisions I made...

Pass on that one. Wait for one in better condition. Good ones are around for $200-300.

Saw a fine one go for $56 on the bay....

My recommendation is improve your skills to the point that people just give you stuff like amps for free.

Until that works out, the kb300 can be had for pretty cheap, and will get you heard. May not be the most sonically accurate amp, but at least people will hear how astonishly great you are.

I just started using a kb300. It sounds very clean and tone wise kicks the sh*@ out my crate KX220.

Like others I would def pass on this one. Save your money for something else.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Whoa - you guys are ruthless :)

I'm not recommending anything to anybody. I'm only sharing MY experience with a particular piece of equipment.

I never said it was light - it is a heavy son-of-a-bitch. Of course you can buy a better sounding, lighter amplifier today. It's 2006. I bought the KB in 1989. Maybe I bought the "SUPER DUPER version KB300" and didn't know it. :D

All I know is the damn thing A-L-W-A-Y-S worked.

It was always LOUD and CLEAN. That makes me attached to it. I'm a sentimental kind o' feller :love:

Of course, with all my swooning over the magic Peavey, it is sure to crap out the next time I go to use it. :rolleyes: But I doubt it.

Archived