Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Regina Spektor

Steve LeBlanc

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys are crazy...I was listening to her new album last night...it is very deep and has some truly amazing piano playing on it. in short, I was very moved and therefore posted this thread to see if anyone else feels the same.

All she needs is a stick, or one finger on the keys, and she's got it covered.
sometimes a few notes are harder to play than 100s, I thought people knew that, or did you mean something else?

regardless, she does more than what you hear on her myspace page, she can play the piano real good

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

you guys are crazy...

Whoa, I'm a marked man! :eek:

No, I agree with you. She's remarkable. It takes a little depth to appreciate that one perfect note, and I'm with ya. I hope! :D

In the same way, it's easy to sew an eye-popping party dress; it's the simple black sheath that really requires some skill.

The consequence of sounds! ;)

I hope Keyboard features her sometime.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

heh...ah ok, I misunderstood you, mostly 'cause I couldn't understand soundscape's comment

the sound the engineer got on her voice on her first record, coupled with the quirky way she sang on it didn't do much for me...but on the new album she sings wonderfully and the sound is much better, I was excited listening last night and that is rare for me these days when it comes to major label artists.

And yes, if Keyboard doesn't feature her some time soon, it would be a real shame considering a er, 'less talented' pianist they featured a while back...cough, excuse me

heh :eek::)

Cheers!

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

heh...ah ok, I misunderstood you, mostly 'cause I couldn't understand soundscape's comment

Well, given the last reply I remember getting from you was "Right on. Buuurp" (http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/18/t/018974/p/2.html#000048)... I'm not sure of the point of giving a more detailed answer.

Incidentally, although photo shoots and other marketing materials can't be used to judge music quality, what on earth are these? (From Regina Spektor's site.)

http://reginaspektor.com/gallery/photos/reg01-lg.jpg

http://reginaspektor.com/gallery/photos/reg14-lg.jpg

right on...buuuuurp

Photographic art is a thing, i never saw them before but dig the polaroids, whatever...there is a lot of stuff that can be found in the trash on the streets of New York, maybe she's saying something about that. Or maybe it's some kind of marketing genius, fuck if I know. :)

I bought her CD based on what I'd heard, not what I saw and was very pleasantly surprised to find the meat of the album is better than the singles...to my ears.

???

I think she just put some interesting polaroids on her website, she also has more polished (beautiful) pictures on her site taken by professional photographers...the more polished photos are what is used when she is being promoted by her label.

maybe I did too many drugs in my youth?

Archived