Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keybed spec CP300 vs CP33

marcus r

Originally posted by Cydonia:

Originally posted by gangsu:

Score one for Kurzweil. ;)

Just one? :) Hey, I forgot to tell you. You know that pic of your Promega + rhythm thingie you recently posted somewhere. I couldn't find a single particle of dust on your piano. :eek:

Was the pic photoshopped? Otherwise, you really take great care of it. :wave:

Nothing wrong with hijacking a thread that's destined to slide into oblivion anyway.

Is it imagination or has the daily rate of new topics been accelerating?! I can't keep up.

I really don't take great care of my keyboard. I haven't covered it in two years. I vacuum it when I notice it's dusty. It doesn't even get turned on every day.

I've thought of another edit to my initial post, just for posterity's sake. :P

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by gangsu:

sorry ProfD, got my credits mixed up. Oh well, you were definitely a huge contributor! :thu:

No problem Sue. ;)

I didn't think LB and Jazzwee would push that thread close too 200. :P

For the record, I don't cover or vacuum my board out. I just wipe it down every now and then. :)

If/when I have to replace my S80, it will either be an S90ES or CP300.

I don't care if the action is balanced or graded. I'm just gonna play the GD thing. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by ProfD:

I don't care if the action is balanced or graded. I'm just gonna play the GD thing. :cool:

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about theoretical jazz threads. Shuddup'n play. ;) Guess that makes us even. :D

Same here, but what would this place become without interesting threads like "Best complete keyboard workstation under $100", "Should I buy a Rolkorgmaha or a Corvette?", "Real men can read both music and Penthouse stuff" or "Why can't I find Brubeck CDs under the New-Age section at my local HMV?". ;)

:D

I had a thought to add to your list, and the phone disrupted me. Gone.

The good news is, it looks like I'm getting my keyboard updated tomorrow! Whoa! I'm never gonna be able to shut up about it now.

For the record Gansu -- I 'shuddup' and play 3 hours a day. So since I'm obsessed, I want to talk about it when I can't play.

Back to topic (if you can imagine), I just realized that my S90ES is balanced action right? But it is also a full synth, so theoretically, I could split the keyboard with up to 4 piano sounds and adjust the velocity on each one. and thus doing exactly what you said about doing it via software rather than key weights. I don't know exactly how to set the velocity but I recall seeing it. Might be a worthwhile experiment at some point. This is the advantage of a full synth instead of a piano since some things can be tweaked. I'm sure this same logic could be applied to other synths.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Don't worry Jazzwee, we all have our obsessions. For some, it's playing on keyboards, for others it's posting pics of Mariah or sheep. :cool:

By the way, since we're on another fun topic hijack, did you know that good keyboard players can type faster than most people, even without knowing the conventional typewriter technique?

Also, those who already used old mechanical typewriters (like me) know there's a whole difference in touch compared to a PC keyboard. Just about the same difference between a grand piano action and a synth action. :idea:

OK enough silly boring stuff for now. :rolleyes:

helloo Jazzwee! Three hours a day? That's commendable. Don't let the Canadian Contingent get to ya. ;)

Besides, I wouldn't be reading those threads if I didn't find them entertaining. Academic improv. I'd have never guessed.

Regarding altering the touch settings - no big deal on a balanced action. Hey, at least Yamaha can't be accused of false advertising:

"You can naturally pound out thunderous low notes".

This is true! :D

Gangsu, let me tell you, debating about what to improv is something discussed theoretically even with my teachers. To jazzheads, it is actually a way of life. That's a natural result of not reading any music. So don't mind the debate. It's normal for us and we already know we are weird. Good thing you're not on a jazz site. But at least we don't care for sheep so that's a plus ;)

Hail to the Canadian contingent! :wave:

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Archived